Death to the gecko

Geico decided to raise my premium to $1900/6 months for my EVO with min state required coverage and 500/500 comp/coll. I am over 25 with 2 minor tix 2 years ago. My credit score is near perfect. Switched to Ameriprise and now my 6 month policy went down to $620/6 months. WHOA!

nice, same reason why i use progressive. Geico was around 2200/6mo. for me whereas progressive is like ~1800/yr.

1600/yr for the steye with unitrin direct thats after an accident. I was considering geico but haven’t gotten a quote yet.

weird how insurance companies can differ so greatly. for me it was the exact opposite.

but if they raised your coverage, you obviously did SOMETHING to warrant it. you dont just drive cautiously and not get into accidents and what not and then have a huge rate increase.

still geico ftw.

seriously.

I saved 600 a year on two cars with geico, same coverage. I’m 24 with no points, just two minor not at fault accidents in 2 years.

so true… 329.12 for 6 months w/ full coverage

yeah see i used to have points but its been 4 years since any points (so they are off the insurance record, ive checked). No accidents, yet they still screw me through geico… yet progressive or anybody else is substantially lower.

insurance companies are def weird…

Oh yeah geico quotes me 2400/yr.(full) for bike insurance and i was like wtf!/!?! The bike only had cost 2300 and not to mention all my friends were like 200/yr.(full) I def told them to gtfo and called progressive for a smooth 187/yr. (full)

progressive is the one for me

it depends on your credit alot.

Geico may weigh your credit worthyness more than other insurance companys, who go more by driving record.

no way you got full coverage on a bike for less than $200