geico ins really is cheaper....

i was paying 718 for 6 months coverage laibility on both of my cars. I called Geico to see the difference. They quoted me 449.10 for the same policy, and i can add comprehension on both cars and still be paying under 600 for both. WTF???

needless to say, i have a new insurance company.

Who was your old insurance company? I assume same deductible.

my old ins company was progressive- they were cheapest by 100 bucks over everyone. had them for over a yr now. i have just laibility on both cars, and was paying 718 for 6 months.

same options through geico- 449.

put coverage on both cars w/ 100 deductible, and it is still cheaper than progressive.

I have a clean record, w/ a loss of liscense for 3 days when i didn’t go to court to pay a fine. I guess that didn’t hurt me.

cool i will have to look into that, you are also out of college I wonder if that makes a difference… but i had to go with progressive they were by far the cheapest

I’ve checked a bunch of places and Nationwide has been the best, although they keep raising rates, but I also have a homeowner’s policy with them.

It’s always nice to have a few hundred extra bucks that you didn’t expect!

i wish i could switch ins. i pay for 3 rides with a 500 ded. around 1500 for
6 months.

my payments for each month are around 330 for 5 months this is tru progressive

i go through my parents, who go through Erie.

i pay 600/ 6 mo full coverage on both of my cars

I just checked Geico also when i move to FL…

It was 553 for 6 months and the high deductible. That was with traffic tickets, 2 accidents and 90 day loss of liscense… that’s who i’ll be choosin’

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
I’ve checked a bunch of places and Nationwide has been the best, although they keep raising rates,

yeah everytime i turn around theres a 8 percent increase!!

i think im going to check with state farm since i have a bike and i heard there plain out cheaper…

i pay 160 a month for bike… and liability… limited tort… to much i m o… bikes only 46$ full

I have my bike through GEICO CycleGuard.

be careful with geico though, one of my professors used to be a claims guy for insurance companies… he said geico does have lower rates, no question asked but they also don’t have a lot of little perks you expect from insurance. make sure you actually read or compare your contracts or whatever… i can’t remember what he told me was different, but it’s best to be prepared for the things geico won’t cover… just a heads up!

i have state farm… when the prelude got totalled, they had a check cut out for me in like 4 days… i had to tell them i didnt want it, because it was the other guys fault… lol. they didnt even care… they just cut me a check no questions asked.

I have erie 1028 a year cant beat that full coverage on the WS6 but under my parents name if i tried doing it alone id be f*cked

Originally posted by Silver_WS6
I have erie 1028 a year cant beat that full coverage on the WS6 but under my parents name if i tried doing it alone id be f*cked

If you tried doing it alone they wouldn’t even cover you. They wouldn’t quote the TA when I bought it (clean record but under 25 & V8).

True about the perks. Nationwide won’t count the first speeding ticket/accident against you. Supposedly.

When I first tried to get insurance in my own name I was 19. I was on my moms policy through Erie with my Thunderbird, they wouldn’t even let me get it in my own name cause I had 1 $90.00 fine when I was 16. I didn’t even have any points and they wouldn’t insure me. Went to state farm and had no problem

Yes they are cheaper,but what people don,t realize is that the cheaper the ins is the places they send you to are also cheaper most of the time and not as quality work as say someone nationwide uses.