Let's talk insurance v. Geico

I’ve read a few threads on this, I just want more updated information.

I’m paying $2200ish a year on my current policy.

I talked to a Geico rep and they quoted me less than $1300/year. Same coverages.

It just seemed “too good to be true” and it was a VERY pushy sale. I understand it’s their job to get the sale, but a lot of my questions went unanswered. The policy outline that they emailed me looked fine, but I’m just expecting the worse. Like I know I have a ticket on my license. They didn’t even seem to care, they just said after we receive your downpayment, we’ll firm things up and get a more accurate quote. Sounds like a ton of bullshit to me.

Ideas? Thoughts? Experiences?

I just switched to geico from allstate because of much better rates and a discount for being a penfed member. I’m down under $500 / year for my 3 german cars with very good coverage on my audi.

I had them in the past before switching to allstate and never had any problems with claims or anything.

I never got that before. What ever they said on the phone, estimate wise is what the policy was. Then again this was 5yrs ago.
ANYTHINGs gotta be better then 2600 a yr.
For 3 cars (2 DD’s and the S) is 1500 for the yr. Thats with collision on the accords.

I would ask to speak to a manager

forgot to add… do a quote online, then go into one of their offices if they have one close to you… make then run your record in front of you… this will make the quote 100% legit.

I switched to Geico a few months ago. Went from paying ~$1400/year to ~$630/year. I lumped it with my homeowners’ insurance as well for a bigger discount (they were even cheaper on the homeowners by a few hundred a year without the multi-policy discount!)

Apparently in NYS, they are unbeatable. It was a no brainer; so far so good!

Another Geico customer here. You just need to be careful that they didn’t cut your coverages to get you to that low dollar rate. You’re saying you compared your current coverage to what they’re offering so it should be fine.

Just used their roadside assistance a couple weeks ago when the clutch slave cylinder blew on my GTO. Very professional on the phone, got a truck dispatched to my house quickly, paid $0 for the tow over to a friend’s shop in Cheektowaga. Thankfully so far that’s the only time I’ve had to call them but friends who had have accident claims with Geico have been taken care of fine.

I’ve had geico 4+ years with no issues. They’re great. I just switched to allstate though because with the mutlipolicy discount of car and home, it came out cheaper at allstate.

hmmmm. i figure i’ll pull the trigger. ugh.

I remember talking to my agent when I left him for Geico after getting the quote and he said there was nothing he could do to touch their rate, but they would probably just increase my premium after the first year. First year went by and my renewal actually went down.

I’ve had them for years; never had an issue. They’ve raised my rates slightly over time due to a loss and me changing vehicles, but I’m still only paying ~1k/yr for full coverage on my Jeep. Cheapest I found for the deductibles/levels I have.

When I’ve had a claim with them it was all handled very quickly and professionally.

I have both my MR2’s, my Lotus, my house, and my fiance’s engagement ring through SF. It works out to be a good deal.

I do however insure the DD through Geico, it’s about 650 per year…

I pay less than a thousand a year, for full coverage on both a 2006 Evo and a 2004 SRT4.

I hit a deer in my STi, and they covered it 100%, no problems. I was also rear-ended in my SRT4, and again, they covered it 100%, no problems. I have nothing but good to say about them, and I got them for my homeowners insurance this past year.

–mark

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I think the multi-policy discount is only like 3% or something though.

OH
THEY ALWAYS TOSS IN ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE AND RENTAL
It will be cheaper if you tell them to take it off. Triple A is cheaper anyways

I too am a happy Geico customer.

Geico is the largest insurer in the state and I believe they are one of the top in the country.

I had an accident, and they repaired the car properly at a shop I picked (state law)…

Get a quote going online, and pick the exact insurance you want.

I also have their roadside assistance, but it is pretty shitty. They made me wait 3 hours to tow a car, I guess that is why it is so cheap.

How much are you paying for AAA? I’m paying around $8 every 6 months for Geico roadside and they’ve towed my car twice since I got it. Both times they sent a flatbed no questions asked when I told the car was low, both times the truck was there quickly and I paid $0. You only get about 10 miles of towing for free but for $1.33 a month what do you expect?

I switched to Geico a few years ago and then my rates went up after 2 years. I wasn’t happy about that so I switched to All State. But now just a two months ago I went back to Geico after moving closer to the city of Syracuse. My rate with All State went up around $70 which I thought was ridiculous. Switched to Geico and they were $100 less than All State’s new rate. Have yet to have an accident to file with them, but then again I haven’t carried collision on a car ever anyways.

Geico has been good to me!

I switched to geico from allstate last year. Their rate was less than half of allstates. I pay 80 dollars a month for full coverage on my s4 and liability on the BMW. Have a few tickets aswell. I just did a quote online and called them and said I wanted to buy it because it seemed to good to be true. I have yet to file a claim or anything with them though. But so far service has been top notch.

Just switched from allstate got more coverage for less :tup: