decent welder??

theres not a chance in hell i can spend 600 dollars on a welder. im a poor college student. maybe when i graduate and have a job. i need something thats 300 at most

i like my big boy 302 Millers i use at work…yeeaaa…no fucking around there…

all joking aside, the only thing i’ve ever used are millers, so i have nothing to compare them to. however, the quality is great, and once you become good, the welds look great and are real strong. theyre made real simple to operate, just adjust the voltage and wire speed which becomes second nature after a while…

find a used miller or something… dont cheap out

do not buy a harbor freight welder garbage go with a lincoln

Has anyone on here welded with one of the cheap Harbor Freight welders set up properly with gas?

Dont shy away from the 110v welders. i like them especially for doing body work etc… i had a 220v at work and preferred my 110 home unit. also i have good luck using CO2 instaed of argon mix but you need to practice before you do a final type job

I have that one and it is great for sheetmetal work and exhaust. I like it better than the full size gas mig welder that I have at work.

i have i went through 3 of em in one year and the parts service is horrible i have had my lincoln for 3 years with not 1 problem and it only costed $360 from sears

flux core suck but for learning and lil Do it urself jobs they are good…besides most u can convert to gas anyway…

flux core isnt bad but if your gonna do a heavy duty job use gas like for motor mounts but if your doing something like body work or exhaust tubing ot building a gocart fluxcore is fine as long as you use it right

Besides reliability, were you able to make any good welds with it? Was everything about it shitty? Just wondering, cause I was thinking of picking one up to tinker with.

poor reliability should just put it out of ur mind get a real welder!

Well I would read more than one review on it. Maybe he didn’t take good care of his welders.

no, they are shit… get a lincoln

i treated all of my welders the same and the cheap harbor frieght ones always broke escpecially the guns on em and the feeder wheel motor would fry there just garbage get a lincoln ull be happy

i have only used 2 welders. one was a 90 amp flux core harbor frieght, and the other was a 250 amp millermatic.

the millermatic was SWEET (could weld 1" steel) but the $100 HF welder did everything i needed it to. it will work great for exhaust, charge pipes, 16 gauge steel… just make sure everything is clean, and i had no problem getting great penetration :wink: