Decided to drop down to one car

youll want to read most of these threads here Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

well from what i’ve read, subaru has been dicks to a lot of people about warranty claims, basically blowing people off, toyota on the other hand has been doing the opposite, i just hope you dont end up in one of those situations. I haven’t had any problems myself, other than some condensation in the taillight housings(which they replaced)

as far as tunes, i’m not sure on that but i believe it depends on what tuning software you use. as far as intake/exhaust goes, i haven’t changed mine yet so i cannot comment, i wouldn’t think it would matter honestly though, as long as it isn’t causing problems.

i would stay away from an intake unless you are going to tune it, the stock setup flows very well and it only makes the tune worse if you put an intake on it without anything else

Super nice pickup, Jim!

I heard these make an extra 100ft/lbs of tq if you change the exhaust tip. or something like that.

looks good Jim. :slight_smile: it will probably be a lot of fun in the snow with some dedicated snow tires.

I just drove a scion frs today for 20 min for the first time today. What an incredible car to drive. Still ain’t buying one, but I was very impressed.

Did you floor it? Or only turn at speed? Lol

The engine is already broken in at the factory.

• Updated - - -

You need to actually autocross or take one to a track for them to make any sense - you can’t get close to what they can do on the street.

Good to know, thanks. Probably going to do a few cosmetic things first anyways

Thanks Aaron!

Thanks! should be a blast for sure, Definitely looking forward to it.

Does that include the clutch? Either way i’m already over 300 miles in, I’ll probably start getting into it progressively harder after 500

Just curious to see if anyone buying these also considered the turbo or v6 genesis coupe? Seems to be much faster/ larger interior/ and 10yr warranty. It has been 3 years since I sold them but I always had a blast in them.

have you seen the new mustang… forget the genesis exists, there is no reason to pick it.

Not that this should completely make or break going with the Genesis, but I’ve been hearing that the seats are really not that comfortable at all. I think the cars look great and the fact they are RWD with a turbo or nice size 6 should be a fun car.

I just cant get over the plainness of the interior and the fact that I’d own a hyundai. I might even own a 09ish g37s right now if the interiors wern’t so off putting to me.

Plus there’s a lot of them out there. I rarely see a BRZ around here at least

I was thinking the same on the Hyundai but then saw this and was really hoping they would put this out. I’d be curious to see what they are capable of really creating. A company getting more and more customers buying their product to put more money into design/engineering, they might come up with something nice in the future. This looks mean!

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/crop/1084x720+189+0/resize/628x417!/format/jpg/quality/85/http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/e64e2c214661ec596632c460aa963b56/200841219/Hyundai-Genesis-Ark-Performance-SEMA-Concept-001.jpg

This. You can get a shitty V6 Genesis for the price of a face ripping V8 Mustang.