another new car....

Well as some of you know last month I ditched my civic and bought a car ive loved since the second I knew they were going to be made. I was just wondering if I was the only person on here with an fr-s or br-z?? What do you guys think about them? I love pretty much everything about them besides the wheels.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa319/analbucket/frs.jpg

Is this the same cantalope or a new one?

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?280851-went-out-for-some-cantalope

that explorer is still parked there?

:tup:

Side bet on how long he keeps it? PM me.

Hahaha im retarded and didnt even realize i made that other thread. This was more so meant to ask if there are any other br-z/ fr-s guys on here and what they think of them

Look at me!

Based on the search function
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?242246-Decided-to-get-a-new-car&highlight=scion

Also, a thread named “anyone else have a frs/brz” might be more useful if that was the intent

:clap:

Do you have to floor it a lot to get up to speed?

isn’t the answer to that always relative? this will rape a stock 240sx and lose to an E36 M3… so draw your own conclusions.

It’s a stock (factory rated) 200HP vehicle that’s not necessarily ‘light’ but has excellent road manners. It’s a drivers car meant to take a corner, not a 1/4 strip. I’m sure WOT isn’t overly impressive.

I owned one for 900 miles.

On the street it was terrible. Completely boring, lame ass car. Would never drive if I weren’t going to race it.

Autocross? Nearly perfect. Not quite as good as the RX-8, but definitely close - not as pushy but also not as grippy overall.

On track - fucking incredible.

Crashed mine head first into the wall at Watkins Glen. They’re really safe. No injuries even at 80 mph.

^^^ Yikes!!! any pictures of the car after the wreck?

More importantly, did insurance cover it?

goddamn glad youre alright either way. I agree though on the street it isnt the most pleasant. Its a car persons car for sure, its bouncy, loud and isnt a smooth ride. But I didnt buy the car to have that. I wanted something fun to drive and nice to look at. Im surprised these cars arent lighter. every panel in and on the car seems to be made out of super light weight material. It feels lighter than any of my other hondas ive owned.

• Updated - - -

Wot in a straight line isnt amazing, but surprisingly decent for what it is. This is the first car ive owned that chrips 3rd without really wailing on it redlining it and it gets up and goes in traffic pretty effortless as well.

I enjoyed driving this car around when ever I was behind the wheel. And lets be honest, there are plenty of upgrades at a relatively inexpensive price to get more power out of this motor and be even happier. I believe a Header, intake, exhaust, tune gets you about 260hp+ depending the quality of parts used. Thats putting you around the WRX without even putting a turbo on.
As for “not necessarily light” what cars are out there these days that comfortably fit a 6’2" guy and weighs under 3000lbs? I guess also with a price tag under $35,000.

They built the car for people to throw money at and build how they wish rather than pay $35k+ for a car already built causing those wanting to change things, more money.
Personally, great car to buy.

As for the reason you are chirping 2nd and 3rd… You have prius tires on a sporty lightweight rwd car. It chirps all the time when making a left or right from a stand still even without putting your foot down. lol

Very curious about this as well.

Any video of this?

Don’t they still put Prius tires on these?