another new car....

yeah it has like 215/50/17s all around, narrow for a rwd car. I dont know this car is just a hell of alot different than the rsx type s’s that im used to haha.

Is the nav nice or shitty?

Mine doesnt have the nav alot of the scions didnt come with them, I want to say only the subaru br-z limited did which for the extra money wasnt worth the nav, and hids and push start ignition. I plan on just upgrading the factory pioneer with a nav unit of my choice when I have some spare cash.

Are you smoking meth again?

yeah a little ass engine will gain 60hp on intake and exhaust.

I’m sure the car can be fun, I was just trolling initially because it was the 2nd “hey I got a new car” thread but for the same car.

145 whp / 119 tq base line: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2789/PageID/5424/Project-Scion-FR-S-Part-2-Uncorking-the-exhaust-with-Greddy.aspx
161 whp / 139 tq after H/I/E/ and tune : http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2876/PageID/5687/Project-Scion-FR-S-Part-4-Exhaust-and-Tuning-Frustrations.aspx

so 16 not 60.

214 whp / 175 tq after being supercharged and latest header: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/3513/PageID/7808/Project-FR-S--Testing-the-Nameless-Performance-Second-Generation-Header.aspx

• Updated - - -

I had trackday insurance through Lockton Affinity for the amount still owed on the loan. They covered 100%.

• Updated - - -

No. I don’t take video of track days because I don’t need to masturbate to myself, and none of the teams I road race with share our video with the public.

• Updated - - -

The stock tires are a fucking joke.

• Updated - - -

I believe the only one with nav was the Subaru, which has softer rear springs and weighs more.

• Updated - - -

These cars make 200 whp with bolt ons and a tune.

That’s cool that they have insurance for racing.

yeah, but it’s not cheap…

so what exactly happened? what turn did you in?

Seems like it was worth it lol

its the chicken vs. egg… do you push harder because you have it and make it more likely?

for somebody like marcus who is good and wants to be great it’s the ideal time to buy since he’s dialing out the safety margin…

Well said.

I wonder if this is on the CR-Z timeline and will get a supercharger option 5 years after the car comes out?

It SHOULD get the new 2l turbo (as seen in new WRX) and be branded as the sti version but who knows.

Not really its racing and shit happens…

I’m pretty sure most people here couldn’t cover a 20-30k loss at the track

It sounds like you are agreeing with him…

Do you mind me asking what the going rate is to have track day insurance?

i’m not sure you are correct, these engines take very well to mods

this dyno is the same car,same dyno, same day. 100% stock and the higher numbers are ONLY adding a catted header(no tune)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33594[/ATTACH]

add in the rest of the exhaust and and intake(which probably isn’t needed as the stock unit flows fairly well), and you’ll be knocking on 60hp at the crank

and yes, hi, i’m an FRS owner also

though, if you really want to go all out, and hit 200WHP with just a full exhaust and a tune, it can be done
this is an equal length, catless header, lower numbers are stock baseline, upper are header and tune etc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33595[/ATTACH]

But I’m just talking out my ass… lol

Instead of bashing on the number I said, do some checking around wahoo

You guys are really arguing over 200hp? lol.