another new car....

not an argument when you are merely stating facts :slight_smile:

i believe wahoo’s comment was the one intended to start something

Nothing about the 200hp, about the added 60hp you get to the crank very easily.

Edit: People say they are slow cars but dont realize how inexpensive it is to gain power. The car is priced lower because its pretty much a car built for tuners to enjoy throwing money at the way they want. Only downside is obviously the warranty gets voided.

They seem about just a little less worthless to mod NA than an S2000

I think the difference is the Money to power gain between the two. The FRS seems like its going to be much cheaper to mod than an s2000 to actually see gains. Where as you do the same upgrades on the S and you get like 5hp spending twice as much.

Yeah I’m guessing my header and catback on my S with intake gained about 5hp lol. All it did was make vtec sound cooler.
I haven’t heard an FRS in person yet with an exhaust. My friend has a factory performance one or w.e but it’s pretty quiet

I had a bunch of 200hp jokes but I decided I should be happy people are talking about cars in general on here instead of homes.

I wasn’t racing. I was at a DE.

It was $200 for two days on a $25,000 car.

• Updated - - -

IT’S NOT RACING. The rules for damage/loss during a race are completely different.

And if you can’t afford to walk away from a track day without the car you took on track, you can’t afford to do track days.

• Updated - - -

Front straight. I took the car out in severe weather on track tires because, fuck it, I had track insurance.

The car hydroplaned and I wiggled the wheel back and forth to keep it heading straight. Once it slowed down enough to stop hydroplaning the front wheel was pointed toward the inside wall. The car took a set and turned in the direction the front wheels were pointed. Kaboom. Headfirst at 80 mph into the Armco.

• Updated - - -

Highly unlikely. In order to fit a turbocharger on the car, given how low and far back the motor is, they would need to delete emissions. The OEM isn’t going to produce a vehicle that isn’t emissions compliant.

Now - options include a front mount turbocharger like STM has been doing, or a top mount supercharger which is just a simple bolt on application given the H configuration of the motor. My money is on a top mount supercharger, as TRD has a history of offering superchargers aftermarket and keeping them in warranty.

• Updated - - -

So you’re saying it can hit 260 magazine horsepower with bolt ons, then you’re showing a dyno of the car hitting 200 whp (230 magazine horsepower) with bolt ons . . . . :picard:

Please show us this mythical 260 horsepower dyno . . . .

nice headers and a tune for +20 or so sounds about right… I can’t picture anymore real power for cheap.

Will this escalate into the drama section???

Nice I knew there had to be another one on here haha.

lol yup, the only thing the intake and test pipe did for the S2000 was make it more annoying to everyone outside the car, i’m ok with it

• Updated - - -

what? i didn’t claim anything, if you read correctly, what was posted was 2 dyno’s

one with just a header and no tune, 22tq and 12hp

other was 200WHP with a full exhaust and tune

i thought it was pretty clear, shows 45 or so WHP from an exhaust and tune(i said “add in the rest of the exhaust and and intake(which probably isn’t needed as the stock unit flows fairly well), and you’ll be knocking on 60hp at the crank” 45WHP without an intake is going to be pretty damn close to 60 crank hp if you add an intake and tune it again

Looks like there is another one:
http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?281368-Decided-to-drop-down-to-one-car

there we go! I saw a blue br-z at my work today but I doubt it was him.