Decided to drop down to one car

Just picked it up yesterday, 2015 BRZ Limited.

Willing to trunk swap someone for a wingless premium trunk if anyone is looking.

Plans are tailight tint, duckbill trunk spoiler and body colored side markers. wheels and springs next season.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33730[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33731[/ATTACH]

Congrats. Inital impression so far?

Pros:
Was expecting punishing suspension over bumps from reviews, not even close to as harsh as my other car (stage 3 B5 S4 on KW v3s)
Great total package, especially in limited trim
Fast enough to be exciting even with me keeping it under 4k on the break in, and I still have my modded 03 R6 if I feel the need to drive like an asshole
Handles like a dream and the suspension isn’t even that hard to deal with
My favorite part is the low driving position and cockpit interior, really makes it feel like something special

Cons:
Space inside and storage / trunk space
17 year old ricers trying to race me twice already in the 24 hours I’ve had it
Small amounts of gravel can be clearly heard getting picked up and thrown into the wheel wells by the back tires
I’m really tall and also have long arms so this might be unique to me but the shifter is too far forward and the steering wheel doesn’t telescope out enough

So how many are in the NYSpeed BRZ crew now?

Thanks for this. I can’t keep my eyes off them. How tall are you if you don’t mind? I’m 6’4"/220lb atheletic build, and outside of sitting in one in a dealer lot, I don’t have any seat time.

I’m curious, based on your height, how it’s working out for you?

I was extremely disappointed with the acceleration other then that it does have a nice interior

So now that you have one car, what are your plans for the winter?

I really like these.

He said he has an R6…

Ah yes finally another br-z, fr-s on here… we should meet up one of these days and check eachothers out man.

:wave:

Paul they feel really small inside but if you read reviews there are guys that are 6’'4 that claim to have no problem with them

Yes the down low accelertaion on these cars is sub par. They have much more zip at higher rpms

He also said he dropped down to one car, I figured his R6 is a bike?

What are you doing with the s4?

as do I

http://amazingstuff.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/yamaha_r1_snow1.jpg

im 6’4 210 so this should apply pretty closely. The seat goes back far enough but it would be nice if it went down a little further (although i have plenty of headroom and I still feel like i’m sitting in the car not on it.) The shifter seems too far forward with the seat all the way back. Even with my long arms its a bit uncomfortable to hit 1/3/5. Maybe a short shifter would reduce the throws enough to mitigate this. The wheel thankfully telescopes but not quite far enough with the seat all the way back. Both of these are minor but I still cant get perfectly situated. The only other fit issues are its hard to get my long leg up over the high door sill on the way out and my right knee rests on the center console plastic sort of uncomfortably on long drives. I have relatively broad shoulders and upper back and the bolstering is pretty tight. If you have very broad shoulders you might want to take an extended test drive (unless the seats will break in some, too early to tell yet though.) All in all though i’m very happy with it and the issues are minor.

Yeah, the accel is pretty bad, and I’m coming from a 500 crank audi which makes it seem so much worse. the total package makes up for it though. Eventually i’ll do bolt ons / tune and maybe turbo if I keep it long enough. The rest of the car is pretty great though. A worthwhile compromise IMO

My first car was a 1991 240sx and I’ve had about 5 of those that I drove all year. Same weight but open diff and no traction / stability and I was too poor to buy snow tires back then. we only get ~10-20 days a winter that you REALLY have to be careful / go slow anyways. I’m more worried about what snow will do to the car than getting around in it.

Definitely, sounds good.

It needs a couple small things but I’m selling it. I would let it go pretty cheap if someone wanted to handle the few issues on their own.

that looks awesome, how does it handle? with street tires my bike will slide on snow just walking it around the driveway.

I’ve only ridden a street bike in very cold weather, not actually snow

However, I did rip this almost every day a mile to RIT. As long as you are careful and dont try to stop too fast it’s fine. This thing would go through 2’ of snow no problems. Thinking of getting dual sport tires for my cb360

PM me about the S4. I miss that car.

There is a bunch of these I see. Pretty slick and always see one sitting on Colvin parked on the street. Kinda growing on me.

not sure if you frs/brz owners know about this, but probably the biggest source of info

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/

as for the down low TQ, speed factory header will clear that right up(without a tune) catted UEL header, gives you 22tq in the middle of the dip from 4-5K rpm

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52835

i’ll keep a lookout for the others now, there’s a silver BRZ that lives at the edge of my neighborhood, i’m the orange FRS with the black wheels and CF mirrors, lately though i’ve been driving the hell out of the RX7, gotta get it in before the salt hits!

be prepared for every little kid to come up to you and ask about the car. on sunday a kid came up to me and said “isn’t this toyotas version of the BRZ”

ummm well, more like the brz is subaru’s version of the FRS, but whatever

PM’d

They look so much better in person than pics IMO, I was really surprised by the interior quality on the limited as well.

Thats pretty awesome, I’m just starting to do some research. How are dealers responding to intake/exhaust mods? and are the tunes detectable by dealer when flashed back to stock? Trying to search forums for this info is hard. Lots of 3 year old threads and 17 year olds asking the same questions over and over