Decided to mod my 10 dollar CB 550... Project Instant Gratification. Grimey Brat.

Nice work

Made some filler plates because I felt the rear was a little vacant… 12GA Aluminum.

Then I found this super old tractor taillight at work. Gonna replace the lame ebay unit…

The filler pieces are awesome. The exhaust looks great as well. I love the primo BMX pedal.

here’s a pic of everything together.

Wow. That’s an awesome looking bike you got there. Nice work.

Here’s the old tractor tail light mounted up:

The bicycle pedal has got to go. Exhaust looks pretty neat!

Cool little project, how much you got into this thing?

Nope. Love it.

Under a grand, probably. Haven’t added it up. The raw materials for the exhaust were over 400. Forks were 300. Tires and a few other things…

Let me know when you want to let it go, I might buy it for my dad…

Haha, alright.

Looks like your working on the bike right in your living room. Haha

you’re*

Should be some interesting updates tonight on this.

Suicide clutch and jockey shift. I have a plan. This isn’t bad to ride either… :slight_smile:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/392198_10151160538554365_242223363_n.jpg

Meh, jockey doesn’t jive with UJM to me.

This bike sounds awesome :tup:

Bought a rear master cylinder from an R6 and attached it to the frame. Ran a hydraulic line up to the front brake. Took the brake lever off. Cut the bars down. I think I am going to make some really low rise attack bars for it, but the clipons will do til then. I also replaced the shifter seal that had been leaking oil ever since I bought it.

I also put some vintage amp “jewels” from a fender guitar amplifier in the back fender. Also installed steel dragon “old school” velocity stacks.

A few pics of the whole shebang…

Is the damper necessary?

It’s noticeable. If I mod the forks internally to lower them I may relocate it.

How much did the rake/trail./etc change when you put the new triple tree on there? I I wouldn’t have suspected any?