Decision Points

GW’s book is out. Should be fascinating to get his take on his presidency in his own words. I’m looking for an ebook torrent now, but I may just buy this one. Who else is going to read it? Anybody read it already? Politisuck book club! :bacon:

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Bah. It’s on demonoid, but I’m not.

“George W Bush hates black people” and my favorite:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4EIQFLqVsfX6NM:http://boozenews.tripod.com/waldo.jpg&t=1

I wonder who edited his book, and if they let it be in his own speech words :smiley: He sometimes likes to put food on people and believes that mankind and fish can co-exist peacefully. Amongst many other awesome ventures such as fool me once.

I prefer American presidents like GW & GWB as they are straightforward and honest, while the likes of clintons and obama they are covert and literally that’s what happened during bill clinton (many covert wars), and under obama (more covert wars). They still get the ‘same job’ done. Maybe some day in the future there will be a true leader who is not paid, endorsed and placed in power by lobbies and corporations and does not have to be an elephant or a donkey.

At least we can enjoy the commedy of bush’s speeches

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

lol and i just discovered this when I was going to search for a specific subject:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5440/howbush.jpg

Waterboarding: call to indict Bush following his memoirs confession

November 9th, 2010 9:35 pm ET</b>

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/8a/3b/8a3b01323172c50d68a34c7e31ba9295.jpg
Former U.S. President George W. Bush signs a copy of his new memoir “Decision Points” at Borders Books on November 9, 2010 in Dallas, Texas.
Photo: Tom Pennington/Getty Images

He has not lost his arrogance. He wants to sell his book, titled ‘Decision Points’.

He still dodges questions that are uncomfortable.

I caught a short clip of George Bush’s appearance with Matt Lauer regarding the legality of waterboarding. He was told by experts that waterboarding was legal; so he said: ‘Let’s do it’. When Lauer then reasoned that establishing waterboarding as legal would make it acceptable to use the technique on American captured troops, there wasn’t a hole big enough into which Bush could hide. He just wasn’t going to ‘debate the issue’.

I, for one, do not intend to read or buy this book, because there is nothing in its pages that would forgive the deception sold to the American people by Bush and his administration to take us to war in Iraq.

In the meantime, Amnesty International has called for the prosecution of the former president who confessed in his book having given the order to waterboard detainees in order to extract confessions.

Amnesty International (AI) representative Rob Freer declared that the Obama administration is obligated to take criminal action againt Bush, according to Orf.at, one of the 63 articles published in German on the subject as of this writing. In a press release, AI is also asking the United States to set in motion an independent inquiry to shed light on human rights violations committed in the name of the ‘war against terrorism’ which took place under the Bush presidency (2001-1009).

Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) said he was ‘outraged by President Bush’s own admission in his newly released memoir that he personally authorized the use of waterboarding on detainees while in office. This admission, delivered without remorse or regret, reminds us disturbingly of the persistent lack of accountability and resolution in confronting the crime of torture committed by our own government. The only way forward is to appoint a special prosecutor with a broad mission to investigate and, if warranted, prosecute these known cases of torture.’

What will Eric Holder do?

did you write that or copy nad paste… if copy/paste i’ll read it… if you wrote it, i wont.

that google screenshot is a great find though

That’s kind of stupid of you to say, well I won’t answer your question then.

Thread cleaned…

I’ll read it when I can get an eBook. I watched a few of his interviews and it kinda made me miss him a little, lol.

I’ve got the ebook for free :snky: It might not be formatted perfectly, but shoot me a PM with your email address and what ebook format you want it in (pdf, epub, etc) and I’ll send it to you.

So far it’s about as deep as a Frisbee. Really disappointing actually. I was hoping for a pretty intriguing explanation of the last 10 years, and what I’m getting is a conversation with one of those people who talks all about people that they know but you don’t without explaining who the people are that they’re talking about.