Decreasing the ingress/egress of my daily driver to lotus proportions

There are certain things that you can go over the top with on a street car/toy/etc. Doing something like a full on roll cage I don’t feel is one of them. Just cause you drive like an idiot on the street (based off what other people are saying, I honeslty have no clue how you do or don’t drive your car) doesn’t mean that this bar will save you in the event of a crash. What happens when you get side swipped or go sideways into a tree…whats stopping your skull from hitting the diagonal bar between the front floor and the halo. Are you going to add more padding there, not like that would help your visability on the street either.

Aside from safety reasons (or lack there of), you are daily driving a sedan that you just made borderline useless. Now I don’t know if you have on your own or easy access to another car, but what happens the next time you have to carry shit. The back seat is a great place to put some stuff (like tires, etc) when there is no room in the trunk. Not only that, but the next time you want to go out with some friends, you obviously can’t take the Lotus everywhere, but now you can’t even fit more than 2 people in an Impreza sedan.

So yes, while I think a 400hp 240 is a cool street car, as is a XXXhp STi at times, I think putting a 6 point cage in one that won’t see any real use is useless and poseur.

Like I said in the first post, don’t take offence to this shit. I never met you so I can’t pass judgement on what you’re like, I just can’t agree with putting such a drastic ammount of steel in a daily driven street only car.