the link u to autopower…call em up

i got mine from safedrives.

this guy was a bangup salesman and really knew his stuff:

Charles Buren
Safe Drives LLC
www.safedrives.com
cburen at safedrives.com
877-739-1713 toll free

I like Autopower bars, they’re great. I’m going to be blunt here and don’t take offence, but I think it’s stupid that you put this bar in your car. I don’t care if it’s your daily or not, but that fact that the car won’t see a track (never mind an auto-x) makes the bar utterly useless and very poser. Something along the lines of putting type r badges on a Civic…it’s not helping you at all.

well i guess that my 400HP 240 that i built up was real poser too because i never took it to the track… right?

it’s funny how i could make a 1000HP streetcar and it would be sweet if i never took it to a track, but if i do safety/handling mods, then i HAVE to take it to a track, or else it’s poser.

I just hate motorsports and don’t want to be involved with them…

meh…I wouldnt do it but its not my car or money…plus the fact no one makes cages for my car…let him do as he wishes…he might get the urge to rally-x or something

There are certain things that you can go over the top with on a street car/toy/etc. Doing something like a full on roll cage I don’t feel is one of them. Just cause you drive like an idiot on the street (based off what other people are saying, I honeslty have no clue how you do or don’t drive your car) doesn’t mean that this bar will save you in the event of a crash. What happens when you get side swipped or go sideways into a tree…whats stopping your skull from hitting the diagonal bar between the front floor and the halo. Are you going to add more padding there, not like that would help your visability on the street either.

Aside from safety reasons (or lack there of), you are daily driving a sedan that you just made borderline useless. Now I don’t know if you have on your own or easy access to another car, but what happens the next time you have to carry shit. The back seat is a great place to put some stuff (like tires, etc) when there is no room in the trunk. Not only that, but the next time you want to go out with some friends, you obviously can’t take the Lotus everywhere, but now you can’t even fit more than 2 people in an Impreza sedan.

So yes, while I think a 400hp 240 is a cool street car, as is a XXXhp STi at times, I think putting a 6 point cage in one that won’t see any real use is useless and poseur.

Like I said in the first post, don’t take offence to this shit. I never met you so I can’t pass judgement on what you’re like, I just can’t agree with putting such a drastic ammount of steel in a daily driven street only car.

i know what you’re saying. let’s put the practicality of this aside, because it’s only a short drive to my fathers house and his pickup truck. Also, I don’t let people ride in the back… cage or not…

However, i’d like to see this car faster than 11.5 by next year. Perhaps it’s a bit out of order? Perhaps I will never get that fast, but when i got the car, I almost immediately replaced the seats. The seats led to harnesses… I drove with the harnesses to the back seat bolts. That’s not safe at all… hardly anyone said shit… A sparco harness bar is 450 dollars. The cage was not all that much more…

The car feels firmer and better. I don’t race on a track, but i like to bomb around backroads at night. Sure, i could hit a deer, or fly off the road and die, but i want the car to drive like i want it to. I don’t care if it makes it .2 seconds faster. I only care about how the car feels to me, and it feels better. There are really no disadvantages and only advantages… I like the car more now. It’s better, in my opinion.

If knowing that you made a lap .2 seconds faster makes you happy, then more power to you. What makes me happy is knowing that i’m probably safer and that my car feels stiffer than it ever did. I have other stiffness modifications that i plan on doing over the winter. Some subframe connectors and fender braces. It’s kind of adicting.

As far as hitting my head on any exposed padding… If that were to have happened, my seatbelts would have had to have come loose and i would be bouncing around the inside of the car… At this point, i have alot more things to worry about. I guess the only disadvantage is the 80lbs that i added to my car…

:blah:

haha, it’s true though. i wish i liked them… i just… don’t… at all.

/ of bickering.

Why don’t you lose the backseat since it lost its purpose?

and a mount a camera for some good in car footage :wink:

^if you read through the first 6 pages it said somewhere that he wanted it to take naps

yeah. naps. it was missing for the last 6 months lol… i miss my lunchbreak nap area.

Looks cleanly installed. for the money and in your situation not a bad mod.

side note I’ve been kind of looking for the seat belt bar for the evo. I use my back seat alot (for people) anyone know where I can find one/recomend a bar and harness. (for use with the stock leather Racaro’s)

tkkleman made one for his car. i know sparco makes one.

DRRRIIFFFTTTT SSSIIICCCKKKK <insert350xeon>

Dang, you wornt kidding I cant find one for less then 400+. mabye Ill talk to tkkleman.

I wouldnt put a bar in if you use your backseat alot…