Decreasing the ingress/egress of my daily driver to lotus proportions

My install took about 9 hours or so. I can say it would have taken only 8 hours time, but it took me an HOUR to vacuum all the goddamn fucking metal out of my carpet. Next time, I’ll lay down a sheet… I also welded harness tabs onto the drivers side harness bar because the harness tended to creep around the bend in the tube. I was also able to but my backseat back in (i had removed it to put the harnesses to the rear seat belt points… i know, unsafe… it was supposed to be only a short time but turned into a much longer one). I also padded only the sides of the halo and the door bars. I used the

padding. It forgiving if you smash your head on it, but seems dense enough to prevent my head from exploding all over the car if there were an accident. However, my seats are about 3+" lower than stock, so unless i have some extermely tall person in my car, this should not be an issue. I didn’t pad the front of the halo, because it’s about 2 or more feet from my brain case. If my head moves that far… it means it has become disconnected from my body…

The car feels a TON stiffer… It’s great… rides like mike’s rally car… which, to me, is a good thing.

Ingress/egress is about on par with the lotus… It was very easy without the doorbar padding, because you could kind of slide in and out. The padding is very… “grippy”, and now entering and exiting the vehicle requires a bit more finesse…

Much love to charles at safedrives, he was a very helpful sales person…