Decreasing the ingress/egress of my daily driver to lotus proportions

Whatever floats your boat I guess. I dont like the feel of the hybrid wheels, either full comp, or full leather for me.

i agree, but the quality seemed there…

give it a few months of driving… you’ll see :frowning:

My install took about 9 hours or so. I can say it would have taken only 8 hours time, but it took me an HOUR to vacuum all the goddamn fucking metal out of my carpet. Next time, I’ll lay down a sheet… I also welded harness tabs onto the drivers side harness bar because the harness tended to creep around the bend in the tube. I was also able to but my backseat back in (i had removed it to put the harnesses to the rear seat belt points… i know, unsafe… it was supposed to be only a short time but turned into a much longer one). I also padded only the sides of the halo and the door bars. I used the

padding. It forgiving if you smash your head on it, but seems dense enough to prevent my head from exploding all over the car if there were an accident. However, my seats are about 3+" lower than stock, so unless i have some extermely tall person in my car, this should not be an issue. I didn’t pad the front of the halo, because it’s about 2 or more feet from my brain case. If my head moves that far… it means it has become disconnected from my body…

The car feels a TON stiffer… It’s great… rides like mike’s rally car… which, to me, is a good thing.

Ingress/egress is about on par with the lotus… It was very easy without the doorbar padding, because you could kind of slide in and out. The padding is very… “grippy”, and now entering and exiting the vehicle requires a bit more finesse…

Much love to charles at safedrives, he was a very helpful sales person…

looks a bit over the top for a daily but at least u will be safe

That harness bar is now the tooth chipper for rear seat riders.

heh, if anyone is stupid enough to ride in the rear w/ that… fuck 'em.

you shoulda at LEAST used black zip-ties, duh

Were those pictures taken at a local Home Depot?

haha, no. that’s gypsum services next to my work.

yeah, i will get some today, but i was running short on time at the time and didn’t feel like going to get them. I only put the backseats in for naps on my lunchbreak. There are still no seatbelts back there. No one will be riding back there.

(edit: added some info to picture post…)

putting a “cage” in your car for looks is stupid

cages suck.

It makes the car so much stiffer. This cage was only a little bit more money than a sparco harness bar, and serves so much more purpose…

sweet. im gona go put a 12pt in my blazer

when your car tears itself in half because of shitty american construction, sending you careen into a tree, i’ll lol for a bit because you were well prepared for it…

Do u notice a smoother ride with the cage …i have heard people say they abosrd some of the shock of bumps and stuff especailly on lowered vehicles

i can’t say it’s smoother, but it’s not so… jittery…

why dont you go do some more sweet street drifting smart ass. yes, i think im going to die because i dont have a 12312 pt cage on my daily. fyi, i am getting a roll bar in my car. my street car that i dont drive like a 16 year old noob… thats my toy, not my DD

yea i know what u mean…alot of the maxima guys are using subframe connectors to help that and the few with cages say its helped

this is my toy too. and i drift the car almost everyday. I’m bound to fuck up at some point. Oh, man, i forgot i crash my car almost everyday.

I’d still take my slow car over your 700HP piece of trash. :*

hence, your an idiot. u go around sliding around corners putting innocent people in harms way :bloated: i didnt say u crash your car everyday…but iirc, im thinking of several threads where u hit ur car, fucked up ur car, ur cars broken, u took ur car apart and its sitting, u got stuck, u took some random guy drifting, just non stop stupid shit. half of these are in ur dailys.

fyi, i can handle my 700hp “piece of trash”. i dont run it in to things, i dont hack it up. when i go to sell my “piece of trash”, i will get way more for it than ur SICK NEWMANATED car. and how do u justify this being ur “TOY”. the title of this thread is “…MY DAILY DRIVER”… dumbass

have fun the next time ur DAILY DRIVER TOY breaks down and u need to bum a ride to work becuase u put it in a ditch or something stupid u would do. i agree, do what u want with ur car, my opinion doesnt matter here. just like i dont give a shit about what u think about my car. REGARDLESS, your logic sometimes is just…out there

<3

whats the point in having a sweet car if ur not gonna beat on it??

accidents happen