definition of irony

Co-sponsors of the bill included the two current members of Congress who spent time in the camps as children: Democratic Reps. Mike Honda and Doris Matsui of California. Matsui was born in the Poston camp in Arizona.

Well they seem to think it is a good idea…and they were in them. :gotme:. I think his point is to show what can happen in a time of panic, and what happens when we let our fears rule us. The finger pointing and incarceration of these innocent people is a prime example of the government being too powerful and taking away rights of US citizens in that time of fear and panic. I know a lot of you are going to start spewing shit about the war going on now and how Bush is the devil and yada yada, personally I don’t care. You can not in the right mind even begin to compare what Roosevelt did to the Japanese citizens in WWII who were taken from their homes and put in internment camps to tapping a few phones.

hmm…We’re at war…what ever shall we do

~Democrat: Roosevelt - Internment camps. They can’t be trusted, force them from their homes and put them in jail.

~Republican Bush(aka The Devil) - Tap their phones to see if they are aiding in terrorist actions. If they aren’t, no harm done, if they are, we can save the lives of innocent citizens.

:stuck_out_tongue: