DEI Cry02 Intake Bulb

Post up what you know / Discuss

http://d5otzd52uv6zz.cloudfront.net/group-9660160a-5318-44d0-bc92-2c2f2c51dbd7-350.jpg

" The CryO2 Air Intake consists of an aerodynamically designed bulb with a cryogenic chamber which is mounted in a 4” segment of air tube. The air passes over the bulb, heat is removed from the air charge resulting in a colder, denser, more powerful charge. Dyno testing showed a reduction in intake air temperature of more than 50 degrees.

The CryO2 Air Intake can be used on turbocharged, supercharged or naturally aspirated applications. Multiple units can be used for colder results. Installs in minutes and comes with silicone connection sleeve, hose clamps and connection / vent hose. "

*Waits for Adam to chime in :ninja

Looks retarded. No idea how/if it works though.

Tear shape is indeed the most aerodynamic form created, so it passes on that.

However I do not see it dropping the temperature down enough, in enough volume to justify the turbulence created.

If it’s small enough not to distract the air flow it’s too small to be useful.
If it’s large enough to be useful in the temp reduction, it would be too obstructive.

My .02$

I’m saying the whole idea of it is retarded. I just do not see it being beneficial at all. Better off throwing a Tornado or 6 in your intake.

holy fucking junk. there’s no way that cools the inlet charge by 50 degrees. i’d get into the details but I’ve got a 240 to get done here…

Im not buying one / or know anyone that has one

Id just like to see some proof because they claim the 'the dyno. shows a drop in temp

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/airintakepicture.jpg

How the hell is this^beneficial ??? On top of everything else, they tell you to add more and more of the ‘tear-shaped’ elements to cool the air even further ! whatttt

You can manipulate a dyno to show any result you want.

I won’t believe squat until I see full details.

Sort of like when exhaust companies claim their hp numbers.

“20 dyno proven hp” meanwhile the baseline was done on a turbo car with a stock restricting exhaust.

Companies are out to sell their stuff and will never show the bad side of their product.

Just think of all the infomercials.

Billy Mays here with another FANTASTIC product!

If i had to jerry rig an intake pipe, id coil a tube around the intake pipe and run co2 thru that so it chills the whole damn intake pipe, not just a little nub inside of it that just creates more turbulence.