Dell only offers vista, what to do. does it suck that bad??

I run it with 1GB, just fine to me. I don’t do too much heavy gaming these days. It takes more, honestly just try it out for awhile if you hate it shove XP on it.

ram on a dell doesn’t really matter, the MOBO throughput is ridiculously slow anyways.

FYI, Vista 32-bit will only recognize 3GB of RAM. Anything higher than that and you will need 64-bit.

I’m using Vista x86 at home and have had zero issues with it at all. Everything I’ve thrown at it just works like it should. No special drivers, no funny workarounds. It all just works as advertised.

At work, I’m using Vista x64 and I actually was expecting to run into some driver issues or some kind of goofy issues. But to my surprise, I’ve had no issues with that either. In fact, everything seems to be running faster now that I’ve switched to x64 (no benchmarks to prove it, it just seems faster).

People who have issues with Vista are either using old technology, or just haven’t tried it yet because all of their friends tell them it sucks.

good to hear guys. Looks like im going to go with vista. The PC will never see any kind of real gaming. All it does is surf the net and DL music and such. Very basic operation.

^^VISTA will work fine for you, less likely to get a virus too.

Only sack riders would advocate doing something more difficult to avoid Vista. I like it just fine. Honestly, the issues (like always) are with early adopters, and unintelligent people. If you don’t fall in to either of those groups you’ll be fine.

Vista is a system hog. I bought a new Dell laptop with it, and tried Vista for 6 months before I finally went back to XP. Drivers seem to be scarce for Vista. I doubt I’ll be going back any time soon.

Really? What drivers are/were you looking for? I’ve found Vista drivers for every piece of hardware that I needed.

same here. The beta and first launch were a little iffy, but now you can find pretty much everything for vista within reason.

actually, a majority of the hardware is already detected and installed through windows update which is pretty cool. better than downloading and making sure you’re keeping everything up to date manually

I like Vista now. No lag issues or anything, doesn’t seem to hog memory. The only thing is getting used to the small changes of layout.

Don’t make more work for yourself just because you’re afraid to adapt to similar OS. It’s not as bad as so many people try to make it out to be.

OMG, you mean Vista uses more memory than Windows95? OMGOISDFKJHSDFK:JSKJDFSLKDVBMSBC

I’ve been using Vista since about February. I have had absolutely no issues with it at all.

The only thing I saw wrong with Vista when I first switched over was that I didn’t see much need to change OS’s aside from wanting to toy with DirectX 10 development.

wanna thank everyone for there help. Got my LG 22 and Dell PC hooked up today and Im in love so far. No issues with vista so far