Ugh Vista

I just got a new Dell…Vista really sucks…

Does it get better after using it for a while or should I dump it and go XPP?

dump it.

as fast as you can.

My only reason for keeping it on here would be to learn it…

But this is lame

WEll learn it if you must, but confine it to that one machine. Have fun pulling your hair out.

vista is teh suck

hooray for new laptops though

Dual boot it for s&g’s if you want to learn it.

I would take the time to learn it. It can only benefit you. There are a lot of little things that are different with Vista compared to XP. You can’t fight it, Vista is the Windoze future no matter how shitty it is…

I like it once i turned user account control off and got used to a few things. I say keep it.

word… got to get used to it, like it or not you will be supporting it.

It’s not that bad I have been using it on both of my machines since december, I have not had very many issues at all.

My only major complaint right now is the lack of RDC on Vista Home Premium. was not aware that it only came on ultimate and business, I have business on my laptop, but not on my HTPC

Its just like XP it just seems like they added another layer to every menu…so you have to click once more to get where you want to go…then if you don’t turn off that security crap you have that also.

the “security” really pisses me off.

they really should do the same as mac and linux OS’s and just ASK FOR THE FUCKING ADMIN PASSWORD!!!

when i use vista, it makes me feel dumber

lol disabling UAC is the first step in a vista install

Yea I disabled UAC after about 2min…

I dunno wtf they were thinking with that shit, it is out of control

I guess once you get it all setup its not that bad…but most users are just going to start clicking ok regardless…and its going to lose its effectiveness

UAC is a good concept, but poorly implemented

Not really, it is completely un-neccesary, you are an administrator on the computer for a reason…

Maybe if something is a new service, not just STARTING a constantly used service, or an application I could understand a use for it

im not too familiar with it, but like i said, its a poor implementation

it should be asking for a password for ALL “Administration” type stuff.

mac and many linux distro’s have all implemented this and i COMPLETELY agree with it. Hell i used to use a limited windows account as my main account, its stops a lot of viruses and un-necessary shit from ruining your computer

Yep, I own a mac also… and it’s user access control, or whatever it is called in mac OSX is very efficient. Basically from what I can tell anything that modifies system files asks you for an admin password, which is fine. Actually I love it because then the fiance can’t f’ up the macbook by accident :smiley:

Vista’s UAC is just plain insanity lol