Desktop Dyno 2.0

I’m just curious if anyone has used this program or not in trying to build an engine and if it was very accurate. My buddy asked me to find it and I forgot I even had it. I installed it to take a look yesterday and it was a lot more indepth than I though. You can put customs sizes for everything it asks for and it will calculated it but It look pretty indepth.

If anyone is interested I can give you a copy to take a look at.

I’m just curious how acurate it is. If it blows donkey dick is there any programs that people have used that produce pretty much what you created?

If you are serious I can get you a copy and bring it tomarrow ro saturday to WOW…

Its a very small program. and easy to set up…

I think i may have it anyway. :tounge: :tounge: :tounge:

i would like to check it out!!!:slight_smile:

i had one it made me put in my 1/4 time and et and gave you a hp number…it told me 325:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by Pewterss
i would like to check it out!!!:slight_smile:

I’m not talking about Jenn :wink:

I’ll just make a few copies and make sure they work ok and give them to you guys to piss with.

:cool: thanks!!!

my roomate has it he said that the hp readings are very accurate but the torque numbers are way off. dont know exactly how wonderful it is but he seems to like it.

is it the 543kb program???

Originally posted by Shaggy
is it the 543kb program???

Shaggy I think so. It actually runs in a DOS window. It runs good on mine and I have XP. there were no problems.

Flyinglow thanks for the imput.

yeah, have it. :beer:

Originally posted by neonmike22
Desktop dyno seems like a decent program for building a V8 where the specs are easy to find. But getting flowbench numbers and things on a 4 cylinder or a 6 cylinder, along with the relatively vague intake and header info, doesn’t make for the most accurate numbers IMO.

How can that be since HP and torque are relative? Just the peak HP number was correct you mean?

With the 4 bangers and 6 bangers if you know the specs and put in your own values it will crunch the numbers. The version I have asks for all that. Its not as simple as after market headers - yes when filling it out.

I’m not sure if that is what you were getting at. In Mine they were asking for type of header then size and so forth. I’ll have to look into it more. The V8 stuff it has a bunch of pre set things for Chevy, Ford, Chrystler, Mopar and so forth as in the types of blocks, exhausts, and such. But you need sizes and values to make it all work in the custom selsction and as well with the preset stuff.
:dunno:

Originally posted by neonmike22
How can that be since HP and torque are relative? Just the peak HP number was correct you mean?

lets check this out

400tq@2400rpm = 182 hp
500tq@2000rpm = 190 hp

not a big change in hp but its a huge change in tq

torque X rpm = hp

Originally posted by flyinglow57
lets check this out

400tq@2400rpm = 182 hp
500tq@2000rpm = 190 hp

not a big change in hp but its a huge change in tq

torque X rpm = hp

so realistically…

400 @ 2400 = 182
350 @ 3000 = 199
325 @ 3500 = 217
300 @ 4000 = 230

so whats your point about hp and tq?

i didnt realize that there was a comment only about peak hp in the one comment. that is what my roomy was talkin about. the peake tq is way high but peak hp is pretty much dead on.

sorry sir:bowdown: