Detailed EVO......*pics*

i follow all this guys work on ls1tech. everything he touches turns to gold, expecially his black details which we all know are a bitch. heres his process and pics:

I did this car a little while back, but it was time for another cleaning after a few months of some modding. It has a host of mods including upgraded turbo, intercooler, cams, exhaust, CCW SP500 wheels, coilovers, carbon fiber hood, etc.

On the interior, I started out by removing the mats and vacuuming everything in reach. I vacuumed the mats and returned them. Then I wiped down all plastics, rubber, leather, glass, etc. with Meguiar’s Interior Quick Detailer using a microfiber wash mitt. Once cleaned, I dressed the seats with Zaino Z10 Leather Conditioner and a cotton applicator.

For the exterior, I began by washing thoroughly with Griot’s Car Wash and a Eurow sheepskin mitt. Then I pulled the car into the shop and dried with a waffle weave towel. After it was completely dry, I started polishing with Pinnacle XMT 3 Intermediate Polish using a 5.5" light cutting pad via PC and speed 6. Next I polished with Menzerna PO106FF using a 6.5" polishing pad via PC and speed 5-6. After polishing, there was a little more dust than I wanted to deal with, so I washed again using Zaino Z7 soap and a Eurow sheepskin mitt. Again, I dried using a waffle weave towel and spritzed a little Zaino Z6 as I went.

At this point, I was ready to protect all that prep work, so I mixed 1 oz. of Zaino Z5 Pro with 2 squirts of Zaino Z8 and 5 drops of ZFX. I then applied 3 coats and removed each with a short-nap microfiber towel. After removing the final coat, I went over the whole car with Zaino Z8 and a plush microfiber towel. While each coat was drying, I polished the wheels with Mother’s Billet polish using rubber gloves and removing the polish with a microfiber towel. To finish everything off, I dressed the tires with Robbie’s NuGlo using a tire swipe.

Pictures:

more:

taht shit looks like glass

I need to have my car detailed like that

i followed his steps and had my paint lookin like that…its all in the prep work. i use menzerna IP and FP2 with a Porter Cable 7424, orange and white pads, then seal it with zaino zfx and z2. then spritz z6. i need z5 which bonds with z2, but takes out very light swirls and contains fillers. z2 only bonds to bare paint tho, so you need to make sure you use an ABRASIVE polish with no fillers, waxes or silicones

looks great :tup:

ya know… having owned a black car before… keeping it clean was a royal bitch, but when ya took the time to polish it up, nothing beat it IMO

that car looks nice… except for those wheels… :puke:

wow, thats a hot job on there. :tup:

Looks pretty damn good…including the wheels too I think.

wheels are hot

me too

+1

Z5 doesn’t take out light swirls, it fills them in. :wink:

This person is a regular poster on Autopia. He has some other really good details. Well, nearly everybody there does terrific work.

I used a similar combination on Butch’s car and the paint came out similar–very wet and reflective. Almost like plastic. :slight_smile:

the wheels would look AMAZING on a corvette, or something along those lines.

they look like shit on that evo.

exactly.

Why because they’re chrome? Or you guys hate 5 spoke?

Those wheels aren’t that bad. Outside of buffalo, chrome wheels like that aren’t that bad, especially in warmer climates.

i think those wheels look great

those wheels > that blue shit newman ordered

Where can you buy these cleaning and waxing products at?

hot.

Because it’s an Evo and not a Cadillac Catera?