Detailers, step in.

The paint on my 2008 wrx is quite poor. It’s Obsidian black pearl, and between being repainted and weekly washes, the black paint looks more like an off grey with all the swirls/scratches in it.
I have a porter cable DA polisher so I can do decent paint correction with it.
The whole car needs to be clayed as my driveway is covered with evergreens, making my car a target for tree sap.

I’m looking for a nice polish,wax and sealant combo. My car NEEDS it before winter,lol.

What should I buy and what website/store should I buy it from?

k thnx

i use this 3m stuff at work they sell it at carquest i belive it comes in a black bottle i think it works excellent

Wash of your choice ( I haven’t found a preference)
Meguiars Clay bar kit
meguiars swirl remover 2.0
meguiars polish #7
collinite 845 Wax

its a fantastic combo.

A decent glaze buff and decent wax, then when you removethe wax mist som mequirs qucik detailer on the rag and wip off wax! Usually helps a ton with swirls

sounds dumb but there are alot of good stickies in the detailing section of offtopic.com

i buy my stuff from www.detailersdoman.com

claymagic blue claybar
menzerna super intensive polish
menzerna PO85rd
colinite 845 wax (very durable, will work fantastic for the winter)

ive used that on all my details, has never left anything in the paint.

I like Menzerna products. Intensive Polish followed by Final Polish II is a great combo. Powergloss is probably to aggressive for most paint defects.

I don’t recommend polishing your paint twice a year like I used to. It’s not very good in terms of paint longevity. You should really wash your car better to prevent swirls and scratches.

As far as sealants go… not all sealants are alike, and some are not as durable as conventional carnauba waxes. The most durable sealant I’ve used is Klasse All-In-One (AIO) followed by Sealant Glaze (SG). SG is somewhat of a pain to use, so I end up mixing 2 parts SG with one part AIO. Pure SG turns into a hazy, but durable, mess.

Klasse is also sold as Jeffs Werkstatt (both are sold in Europe under the Carlack name), or more recently just Werkstatt. Prime=AIO and Acrylic Jett = SG. They also have a spray version of Acrylic Jett that supposedly offers similar durability to the regular type. Actually, with Prime as a base layer, the Arcrylic Jett Trigger is more than adequate, and I’d be more likely to put on a new layer after a wash than with Acrylic Jett (which is still just as tough to work with as Klasse SG). Convenience is obviously the benefit of spray waxes.This is probably really confusing.

So I added another step to your list. IP->FPII->AIO/Prime->SG/AJ

Duragloss is also pretty…durable. Carquest sells it. It’s more of a cleaner-sealant, so a separate cleaning step isn’t necessary. Duragloss Aquawax is a great spray wax. I haven’t applied it since August and my car still beads up well when it rains.

links:
autogeek.com (Menzerna, Klasse)
topoftheline.com (Menzerna, Klasse, polishing pads)
werkstat.com

:tup: Listen to paul hes the fuckin man when it comes to this stuff