detailing 101

No, the products are great (for the most part, don’t talk to turbotravis about the wax or tire shine :lol) I just can’t detail worth shit :thumbup

lol, nah, your excellent, unless of course you lock the keys in it. :wink: Or if its dark… or a tuesday or some shit.

*you’re :facepalm

:hug

The tire shine sucks, flies off the car and covers the fenders. And the wax is literally near invisible when it’s time to buff it off of my car. I thought it was just Kramer failing, but I inspected it myself and it’s garbage when it’s time to remove it.

I use a different tire shine now (isn’t even a shine, its just a conditioner and weatherproofer) and the wax problem is solved with my JDM detailing lights! very niiiice

We had the lights last time, no? Either way the shit sucks, the car would look the same with other products that could be seen with the naked eye when it’s time to remove it.

:rofl

Plaf, Adam’s polishes actually makes a half decent DIY DVD. I think I have it somewhere, you can borrow it if I can locate it.

Detailing is all about the prep work and patience. My OCD helps me quite a bit. Also, stay away from lower end waxes. I really only use Menzerna now. You need to find a combination that works FOR YOU. It took me years of trial and error before I figured out a good process.

I was serious though :rolleyes :rolleyes

Whenever you want to swing down I’ll run through it quick!!

Oh and get your azz on FB chat.

the only thing im afraid of is that i dont want to make it worse while in the process of practicing and getting to that point where i know what im doing. I can always practice on my truck though, but i feel like black is a whole different ball game, which my car is.

Just have some one help you then

black shows everything so in a way it makes it easier to see all of the imperfections which makes it easy when removing them

Black sucks something fierce. You see EVERY imperfection in the paint.

Porter Cable 7424 is a solid machine, and I don’t think you could damage your paint that bad with it. Just don’t pick a wicked abraisive compound.

don’t worry about it until the clear start to peel on the edges. then you went too far. :rofl

Yea, listen to this guy.

sounds like you know from experience

so what compounds would you recommend for a polish, I was looking at the porter cable to buy, it was recommened all over the place. Also what pad should i use while polishing

i used to work at a dealer. you wouldn’t believe the shit i’ve seen people do.

Menzerna PO85 RD, and Menzerna SIP.

There are lots of detailing videos on you tube.

Pad system is based on how bad the swirls/scratches are. Orange is usually the most cut, white is for the micro polishes (PO85).

great info in here guys, thanks alot