DethWysh's 1996 S14 240 SX

Lmao Ive noticed

oh poor Jon!!! you fuckers.

car looks clean man, nice pick up!

Ok Wayne is right as their sister clearly got the looks in that family.

This car looks really familiar to me. I think the previous owner was a Zilvian and not a very bright one at that.

My guess is your turbo is ok. T28s have been know to be a little loud depending on your exhaust set up and crap

Good to see the car has a new owner so quickly! Hopefully you can swing by the shop sometime and get some real mods in there!

this x a billion

great :rolleyes

Nice looking car!

I haven’t laid into her yet, but a few friends have, to which they got popped one.
Just out of curiosity, can you make this more clear? You punched them, or they got a boner, or both? :lol

Punched Them.

So… Took it to get it inspected… No Error Code, looked good. But the GenII Software couldn’t see it. Since it is registered as a '96, this means I have to bring it to Synapse and see if they can do anything… The shop (Monro) also noticed that my “Check Engine Light” wasn’t even lighting up during the key cycle…

I asked the Previous Owner how he got it past inspection and no response yet so… Uh… This would be a problem.:ohnoes

As a side note, the car pulls intermittently, probably due to the 5-lug Conversion not being done perfectly lol… Will check that out.

Needs new tires, and getting the stocks put back on, because the new ones are a bit too wide, and contact the strut… Uh yeah…:ahh

My mom drove the car tonight… She laid into it, and was like “HOLY CRAP!!!11!!1!” when the Turbo Kicked in at 4k. It was priceless.:rofl

So… Hope Synapse or even GearHeads or some ECU performance tuning shop can help me out here… It’s a bit worrisome if it won’t pass inspection… Especially because I have 10 days left…:banghead

the tires rub the strut? he didn’t have spacers or anything?

and what do you mean by the 5 lug not being done perfectly?

I dunno, It’s weird, my mechanic said the tire is contacting the strut housing.

A friend, the kid with the Dodge Stealth with the Red Door, told me that if I conversion isn’t done correctly, it can leave the wheels at an odd angle. I think the front and rear wheels, are at an odd angle.

The ECU issue, worries me more.

I worked on this car not too long ago. I can tell you a few things about it.

Legit inspection is going to be nearly impossible.

How nearly is “nearly?”

Well the ecu does not have any way of communicating with the obd2 port/scanner. There is no way of quickly swapping to the correct ecu for inspection either.

What about the correct ECU for the Job? IE the 96 SR20DET ECU? Or is that a whole new wiring harness? Any other ways I could do it?

No jdm ecu that I know of will do it. Most likely the plug is not even wired in.

Wait… So this thing is f*cked? Because this is a major problem… Any work around? Can it be done? Not even the JDM one would work?

yeah dude, I really hate to tell you thisbut being a person who knows s14 and nissans pretty well and what you seem to know about cars you are in a real bad spot.

This car has alot of things that would take a vetran sometime to fix.

Just the fact that you think the 5 lug swap wasfucked up because the alignment is off and the car has too much camber is a real sign that either the car isnt for you at all or you have a lot to learn real fast.

As for the OBD2 deal you are basically fucked. OBD2 scanners can not scan the ecu of an engine that was never availible in the states because therre is no code stored for them in the system. Really your only options there are find a sketchy shop to give you a sticker, swap an obd2 KA back in or another OBD2 scannable engine, or register the car as a 94 240sx.

Oh man… 5 Grand for the car and I can’t even get it drivable… Now I feel a bit foolish…

NY made it hard for a lot of swapped cars. I try to work around this stuff all the time. There are a lot of tricks and ways to cheat but some setups just can’t be done easily.

Possibly, there is some ecu you can use but i’m not aware of one for getting your sr20 to pass legit.