DethWysh's 1996 S14 240 SX

JWT FTW, had their clutch/flywheel in the SER and loved 'em.

Yeah the KA ecu with SR20 tune should work, good idea!

Can you just flash tune nissan ecu’s like that. If so thats pretty cool.

Sounds like its going to be a bit exspensive though

Yeah kinda, you have to solder in a daughter board though. Probably around $300.

plus the igniter plus the dizzy plus the obd2 thing-a-majig, its getting exspensive in a hurry

Yo Bro, it’s all good.

Actually picked up a KA24DE (96) ECU and Harness for about $150. (Which is sweet)

Now all I need to do is figure where the money for JWT is coming from lol. The JWT tuning, as well as the spark coils, and everything the rep mentioned, it’s gunna come out to about 1,300… Plus the Labor for the Wiring Harness being more or less fused with the SR20’s sensors… Yeah…

Silvia and I took a nice long drive tonight, and I happened to see the deals for the ECU. Got lucky there. Found another quirk, she might have a loose wire linked to the Wiper-Control. Also, bald tires are hella fun in the rain! :lol

Are there ECUs still $585 plus your core? i havent been on there site/looked at there stuff in forever. They have a couple good diy’s and hint type things on there site if you search.

$1300! Damn! Might look into that box I linked you before. $160 and done if it works good.

Well, the $160… I think they caught on in Vermont and stuff, and somone told me it wasn’t far off from getting caught here. I think that one is generic… I guess the JWT solution is essentially making the engine OBD-II.

Yeah it’s expensive, but I could flip the car tomorrow for like 7, because it would legally pass inspection, at least that’s the way it got explained to me, unless I’m misinformed

IDK about $7k :lol

:lol Well, there you go, I’d probably break even. Which is better than a 5k track-only car, sitting in my driveway…

Actually, I love to take it down and see how it stacks up against Mr. Bailey’s BeaMer (Educated Guess: Poorly).

Just buy a junked 95 240sx for $500 :ninja

please don’t call it a silvia

Pretty sure using a KA ECU won’t work, nor will the Dizzy from a KA work in the SR IIRC

JWT Is good shit, but its way overpriced. If this KA ECU etc idea is possible, you’d be better off buying Nistune for the ECU, as it wouldent be locked down and you could do whatever you needed to… JWT ECU’s are on lockdown and basicly you pay 500+ and your stuck with it.

Either way, chances are unless you do most of this yourself or get some guy around here to help you out, your looking at spending more than its worth to do IMO.

Not saying this to be a dick at all, but deffinately should have looked into how the whole swapped engine deal works before taking some shady previous owners word for it.

Hope it works out for you thou, deff a nice car, and I’d be pretty interested to see this whole KA frankenstein SR work.

Yeah youre not going to be keeping up with Brian, especially since you just got the car and it’s your first manual. Power isn’t everything.

Definately auto x it though.

Set more realistic goals, Taylor :lol . I doubt that your car with the Stig at the wheel could do any better than Bailey’s. Come to an autoX for a kick in the dick of how shitty you are at driving (not YOU in particular, but your first autoX is always a reality check that you suck dick at driving).

fuck autoX, get money

:lol Yeah if you want to be setting up cones in the hot sun for 8 hours go autox. If you want to hit cones and have someone else pick them up, drink beer, attempt to drift, and see hot Asian chicks. Come to LVD tomorrow.

:rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl

^ You think I’m joking?