Did a little exterior painting.

What type of siding is that? I need to paint my house next year, and it appears to be the same siding. So you just pressure washed it and then painted it?

It’s that pressed fiberboard cement crap… The shit loves paint, I’ve never seen it peel. Just make sure your finish paint is 100% acrylic.

Very nice :tup:

dawgggg… whyd you take down ma’ hoops.

Your neighbors love you right now… only they won’t be able to say they live next to that ugly yellow house anymore when they give people directions.

I hope the 45hrs included all of the prep and cleaning up afterwards. A decent sprayer with some ladders could have had both covered in a couple hours, and then a couple more in trim. What did you use?

fixed.

It’s in north buffalo, my neighbors house is waaaay to close to spray. I used brush and roller, the old fashioned way. Even if I sprayed I’d still have to back brush to do it properly. Spraying is over-rated unless it’s like the backside of a strip plaza or a monster inside commercial job. Spraying “sets” the paint on the surface, you have to brush it in to get the paint worked into the cracks and crevices so it doesn’t peel off in sheets. I used to paint professionally, spraying a house this size in perfect conditions would take 12hrs with all the taping and covering. It wasn’t worth it on this job, not to mention my paint costs would double since you lose 50% of your coverage when you spray. At $60 per gallon, I’d prefer to spend the extra 15hrs or so using a brush.

I use the gun to apply the paint (why I said “covered”), not for a finish. It is infinitely quicker to apply the paint to the surface with the gun and then either roll or brush to the desired finish than to apply the paint with that same roller or brush.

Just a suggestion, especially since you said you’re painting to re-sell. You can rip through paint and trim really fast if you’re just trying to make it look nice, and not perfect.

:tup:

$60 a gallon!!?? what kinda paint is it?

^good. paint.

Benjamin Moore’s Aura. It’s like jesus in a can. No need for primer and rarely 2 coats, even on interior reds. I’m sure you’ve heard horror stories of 5,6,7 coats of interior red…this will do it in 2, guaranteed. The interior stuff comes in a washable flat that really is washable, not just wipable. How about those brown runs on the paint in a bathroom that doesn’t have a fan? This paint will never do that. Well worth it in many situations, not all, but many.

^i’ll attest to that… painting reds sucked…as did refinishing the bathroom.

:lol:

Benjamin Moore makes incredible paint. Its always been worth the money if its something I plan on keeping for a while, or if I can convince my customers to buy it. Its very easy to apply too.

The house turned out great! The weed removal alone made a huge difference. Stuff like that drives me nuts.

very nice. :tspry:

Damn, huge difference. How much of the Aura did you ingest? :wink:

looks good

Aura ingestion… juat?

Ieatpaint.

edit: I’ll be making a thread for the interior diys as well, the baffroom looks titties.

lets see em!!!