Just a little update on the house/garage

The garage is getting there…It needs more tools though haha it will be getting insulated and finished soon, but funds are limited at the moment.

Enjoy!

Keep an eye on what I’'m assuming is the “Horseboard” siding where it’s near the ground. Has a tendancy so soak water at ground level and rot your bottom plate. Floor looks smooth and creaper friendly. I would chew plate glass and gargle with rubbing alcohol to have a garage.

I wish my garage was that big. Jealous.

I need to install gutters to help that. The water from the roof isn’t helping with that issue. The front corner in the right of the picture is sagging pretty good. I need to support it somehow.

My office just got alot more successful thanks to these guys:

that looks like shit. i would have done everything completely different. you must be retarded and poor.

there, i got all of the standard nyspeed responses out of the way.

awesome garage bro, i’m sure it was a selling point for you. mine is similar and it made the difference when i decided which house to buy.

you’re gonna insulate it? are you gonna heat it, like, full time? if not i would imagine that would be a step to consider skipping. even if you torpedo heat it when you’re working on something, insulation seems like a waste.

keep it up and invite me over!

Im sorry but i could not disagree more with this statement?! Insulation is CHEAP (compared to heating fuel) and works SO good. It only saves you money, wile making your work environment WAY more comfortable. I’ve insulated 2 garages of my own so far. And wile working on the 2nd one 16x24 (wiring and ect) i had my small propane heater (30000btu) in there and it would barely get the temp to 40° and that was with it running all day. And after i got it insulated it was up to 60-65° in 30min wile it being ~20° outside.

Good job with the garage

Insulation makes a HUGE difference in a shop. It was night and day with my Dad’s garage when we insulated that. A 80,000 btu heater would get it barely comfortable in there before we insulated it; and that was after running for a few hours. We put new insulated garage doors on, and insulated all the walls, put a ceiling fan up in the peak, and now within 30 minutes, you’re in a t-shirt and very warm when it’s the middle of winter outside.

I’d love to insulate my garage ceilings. I can only use my rear garage in the winter as it’s waaaaaaaaay shorter than the main room, and it’s fully insulated whereas the main only has the walls done.

Garages make guys happy. I spend at least 3-4 hours a week outside in mine. Yours is looking great dude :tup: Get some pegboard or slatwall and make use of those walls.

I replaced the door opener with a whisper quiet, belt driven motor. Added the lasers and a wireless key entry. I need a new door so I am sure that next summer that will be on my list of things to get done.

I have been out there for a few hours and its pretty chilly at night. I have no heater at the moment so when it really gets cold out, I won’t be there too much. I have been bring my snowblower back to life. New tires, oil change, spark plug, new muffler. It runs like a beauty now.

Is your pad steel troweled or broom leveled (i.e. fairly smooth or rough with a grain)? I went to lay garage floor tape on mine and discovered it was far too rough to hold it :frowning: Apparently painting lines on concrete is fairly difficult.

^ just paint a red dot on one side, the jap car will learn its place in your american garage lol no need for border lines LOL

I’m going about the old man style and I am going to hang a tennis ball from the rafter so that my girlfriend knows where to park and how far to pull in. She is moving in Friday so I will have that ready for her.

lol, actually, it’s gonna have reinforcements, my lady’s CR-V is going in there too, so it’s Japan 2, America 2.

Back garage already has my brother’s Jeep TJ Sport for mods over winter.

I would too, I just want to lay out how far over she can park without clogging the walkways. I’m using road cones with posts sticking up, bump the cone and the post jiggles.

A 2x4 works well to stop the car from going too far as well. I’ve always done that for myself.

LOL! I almost feel the same way, except that I don’t even own a home yet. But man your garage looks nice.

Just a little update for you guys. Since I have decided to hold off on buying a bike to work on through the winter, I thought a minor bathroom remodel was completely necessary.

I hated the way the upstairs master bath was setup since I first looked at the house. It is really my bathroom since I gave my girl the downstairs bathroom (which has already been remodeled). The task was to take down drywall and run the pipes through the wall or just run it 90 degrees around the wall, into the side of the vanity and build an enclosure/shelf to hide everything. I decided that it would cost less money and be less work to cover everything.

Anyways, on to the good stuff. As you can see my current setup blows.

This was my plan:

This is only picture I have prior to installation since I wasn’t about to stop and take pictures while working.

Instead, I give you the finished result:

I worked for the past 2 days ripping out and installing the new vanity, rerouting the copper lines and PVC and install the custom cut mirror. Yeah, I know, it shouldn’t have taken me 2 days, but you know how it goes.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/bobbyg1243/2011-12-07_19-27-59_413.jpg

This is my plan to cover the old setup and lines that I ran:

I will probably end up staining it to be the same color as the vanity, which is a mocha. It looks black in pictures, but it’s like a really dark mahogany.

how far out does the plumbing go past the cabinet?

that first setup was retarded lol.

it seems like you bought a pretty cool little house

Its actually behind it. I can make the smaller piece flush with the front of the cabinet. The house is very nice and I have added a few of my own touches to it. All in all the bathroom project cost me around $500. Had someone else done it, I could have easily paid a $1k

lol @ the old mirror setup. That’s almost thereifixed.com worthy.