did comcast up the cable speeds?

did a random bandwidth test and got this

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6125&stc=1&d=1154573692

i think so, i heard something about this morning on the radio

cool

you got a red x?

Nope he got a bill increase… Comcast sucks teh cack

comcast > burnyd

Advance > Cheeks… Reminds me I need to do that whole battery switcharoo when can I do that?

yes, after conversing with the fios tech, he informed me that Comcast has/is going to crank up the speed because they are losing a huge chunk of their customer base to Verizon. You figure how much they throttle it down, they could’ve done it earlier to save their own asses but it may be too little too late…

tech guy coming to my house saturday cause my internet hasnt been working

/ comcast

i doubt its too late! at least your source was un-biased! hahahahahaah

remember… to the average user and non-dorks anything over phone line speeds is suitable. they aren’t goign to sell fiber to my mom who could give a fuck that she can up / download .7 mb faster in an hour!

it only takes 56k to pull down partypoker anyway! cable is convienent… houses are already wired… no cutting up lawns and siding on the house.

x2

I know 5 people with FIOS and about 11ty billion with cable modems still. If the speed is close, most will stick with what they currently have.

true. but look at the area that fiber is available and look at what comcast controls. think about when cable internet first became available. who had it? nerds and dorks and people with the money. now who has it?.. the main thing that hurts fios is that there isn’t a state-wide video franchise in pa. speculations are that by the end of the year, 1 million fios tv customers will be up and running in texas. in pa comcast is convient b/c you can have all three on one bill (ie. phone, internet, cable). here’s where comcast’s favored among legislators (rendell). they have the right to buy verizon telephone lines in a bulk sum. in return they sell it back to consumers as their own. but yet verizon isn’t allowed to tap into the cable and sell it to it’s customers. which is one of if not the major reason verizon has invested all this money into a completely new build. /comcast. /rendell. /rant. lynn swan ftw

i could care less even about speeds, when it comes down to it the fios expereience was sooooo much better then the comcast. I had to come back around and clean up my comcast installers work, the dude was a moron!

comcast did up the speeds, however if you have a modem from back in the day you will not see the speed increase because the modem cant handle the speeds.

you have to goto comcast and get a newer modem (it’s free)

why should they be able to? comcast chaulked up millions to buy the co-axle from the state and the exclusive provisioning for cable licensing… verizon should be allowed to take that over just because they ran new hardware? comcast is in contract with the state… they turn over millions in taxes and costs involved with the contract. verizon, if they want, can bid on the contract when it’s up… otherwise why should they be allowed to ‘tap’ into anything? money talks.

and lynn swan :rofl:

I wish FIOS was available where I’m at… although Verizon wasn’t too helpful whenever I got my DSL… idiots neglected to put a DSL modem in my startup package, took an additional 5 days to get it!

Comcast is offering SpeedBoost now which ups your download speed to around 10Mbps, but thats only on downloads for right now. This basically is the segway into the updated speeds Comcast will be offering soon, but they’re staying with the FiOS right now. You’d be surprised how much Verizon is losing on the fiber optic because they need to compete price wise with Comcast but it costs so much more to run fiber optic and the overhead is a lot greater.

i just mean that if comcast can supply phone lines, then why shouldn’t verizon provide tv service? comcast uses verizon’s copper lines and poles, yet verizon continues to fight to supply consumers with television over an independent line. doesn’t make sense

fios installer > comcast installer :eek4dance

fios installer > comcast installer :eek4dance