diesel in a gas engine?

try putting gas in a diesel…

the best ‘cheapest’ option would be to drain the tank as much as possible and dilute with racing gas. If you already have diesel in the fuel line, you risk the fuel pump, fuel filter, and injectors.

:picard:

hahah, Ive done it with my 4-wheeler. Ran fine after the tank and carb were emptied. Not sure how diesel will affect injectors and fuel pump.

Man, I’d tell my wife to punch her in the face for me…I went to school with a guy/boy whatever…did the same thing…retarded. It amazes me how people know nothing of a contraption they depend on for point a to point b and whetever else. Get a fuckin clue

[quote=“num482,post:24,topic:27824"”]

Not sure how diesel will affect injectors and fuel pump.

[/quote]

diesel can plug some injectors and fuel filters… a plugged system can then ruin a strained fuel pump.

i dono - she’ll prob just get better milage with the diesel in there

LOL

BTW_Is she cute?

even worse is Gasoline in a diesel…just throwing that out.

[quote=“newman,post:2,topic:27824"”]

they don’t deisel is bigger. she would have to be REALLY dumb to manage that.

[/quote]

Some pumps diesel and gas are on the same pump and are the same size.

funny story real quick:

one of the first days i worked at PChev, someone brought in a brand new Trail Blazer with like 2500 miles on it, and the thing was barely running. they pulled up to the Quick Lube lane and the following conversation ensued between them and a coworker of mine:

Customer: my car isnt running right
Us: umm ok, well you might want to pull over there for service
customer: well i think i just need my oil changed
us: uhh i think theres a little more to the problem than that
customer: you know, ever since i put that new gas in my car its been running bad
us: new gas?
customer: yeah, that new gas they have
us: ok, well what is this new gas? where did you get it?
customer: its this new stuff thats supposed to make your car get better gas milage. i heard them talking about it on TV last night so i decided to try it out.
us: ok, whats it called?
customer: its called diesel. i just filled up right down the street, my car started running bad almost right after. i dont get it

O

M

G

Are there really people THAT stupid that have been allowed to survive this long?

:lol:

OMfG at mikes story lol. what a fricken retard. $5 says it was a female.

DIESEL != GASOLINE

notice, the completely different spelling. you have to work to be that dumb.

more and more places are selling diesel on the same pump station as gas. For the smart person its easy to figure out… yellow sign= diesel. The cars not FUCKED, but its going to need the tank dropped fuel drained and possibly a new pump installed to get it running like it was before.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:14,topic:27824"”]

Isn’t diesel a much lower octane though, so wouldn’t it combust extremely easily when a spark and air is provided?

[/quote]

and Diesel isnt lower octane then gas. The ignition quatlity of diesel is rated in cetane…usualy 40 cetane is what you’ll find at the pumps. octane is the measurment of resistance to autoignition of fuel used in a spark ignited internal combustion engine. Higher the octane rating of your gas the less likley you are to have detonation in your engine ( igniting before the spark is present)

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:32,topic:27824"”]

Are there really people THAT stupid that have been allowed to survive this long?

[/quote]

Honestly very few people can grasp the concept of how stupid people are, I am honestly convinced there is no limit.

If you came up with the most bullshit off the wall excuse on how a paper-shredder could render you immune to ever having cancer by simply sticking your hand in it while it’s running. I guarantee that you can get at least one person to stick there hand in if not more.

Or a fun one, walk into a mall. Stare at the ceiling for a few minutes, walk away and notice a bunch of others doing the same because they saw someone doing it.

See also:
-Fuel Line magnets
-The “Tornado” intake
-Blower fan super chargers
-CO2 “Nawz” systems
-People that participate in Nigerian scam e-mails
EDIT: http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29051

And unless the motor hydro-locked for some reason, it will just need a through cleaning of the fuel-system.

The car will be fine. Drain the tank and change the FF. Fill with premium, it may smell a little different for a while but it should be fine. ULSD shouldnt hurt the cat or 02 sensor any. The gasoline will dilute it pretty well.

Over the last year at the dealership i was at we probably had a good 30-40 cars with diesel in them. We’d always drop the tank and drain it and try and get as dry as possible. We had a few cars that people ran with diesel until the car wouldn’t run anymore and it cooked the cats because the diesel made the exhaust 30x hotter lol. i hope she didn’t do that.

Bringing this back up. A topic started on another forum where a guy is claiming mixing some diesel into your gas can raise the octane rating. Said they did it while karting and were able to raise timing advance and what not. Can there be any truth to this?