diesel in a gas engine?

So what happens because apparently some girl at work just did this and had to get her car towed to the shop :lol:

I was under the impression that the diesel nozzles at the pump don’t fit in the normal filler neck of most cars.

they don’t deisel is bigger. she would have to be REALLY dumb to manage that.

X2 they dont fit. What a fucking idiot

^ you are all wrong there are 2 types of diesel nozzles, the big ones at like jims truck stop.

But Mobil, Delta, Sunoco etc. have the same size nozzles as gas

no they fit. the car will never run right a gain. it is possible that the fuel pump too a poop because it could not take the diesel fuel.

i dont think it hurts it does it? just real low octane so the thing will buck and shake.

after a drain and refill with 87 i think she will be fine.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:4,topic:27824"”]

^ you are all wrong there are 2 types of diesel nozzles, the big ones at like jims truck stop.

But Mobil, Delta, Sunoco etc. have the same size nozzles as gas

[/quote]

are you sure they are the same size? i am fairly certain they are bigger, not vastly larger, but you have to work harder to get it in.

no they’re the same size I am positive, my eyecromitor is very accurate

The tow truck driver said the motor seized…so who knows

diesel in a gasoline engine = bad. Even if you filled the tank with diesel and didn’t start the car, you’d have to get the tank cleaned/flushed.

[quote=“newman,post:7,topic:27824"”]

are you sure they are the same size? i am fairly certain they are bigger, not vastly larger, but you have to work harder to get it in.

[/quote]

thats what i tell people too

[quote=“audios,post:6,topic:27824"”]

i dont think it hurts it does it? just real low octane so the thing will buck and shake.

[/quote]

“buck and shake” is what will happen if you use gasoline in a diesel engine (assuming it’s not 100% gasoline). Diesel is based on a compressive-ignition and gasoline will ignite wayyyy before diesel fuel when it’s compressed.

In short, gasoline will ignite before its supposed to when in a diesel engine, causing the ‘shakes’

Diesel doesn’t combust in an gasoline engine. So depending on the % of diesel, it’ll either run poorly or not at all.

[quote=“audios,post:6,topic:27824"”]

[/quote]

uhm nope, it is a less volitile fuel and therefor a normal motor with little compressions would basically hydroloc and not ignite the fuel, I am actually surprised to hear it made it to the motor though

Isn’t diesel a much lower octane though, so wouldn’t it combust extremely easily when a spark and air is provided?

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:14,topic:27824"”]

Isn’t diesel a much lower octane though, so wouldn’t it combust extremely easily when a spark and air is provided?

[/quote]

diesel requires very high compression = high heat. sparks don’t ignite diesel, heat does.

Gotcha!

:tup: thanks for teaching me.

hahahahhahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhaha

oh boy cookies for everyone in this thread except for the girl who put the wrong fuel in her car. learn something new everyday

Couldnt you drain the tank, fill it with gas, feed the injectors out of the car, and turn it over to flush most of it out? I’m sure it’s not going to make the car perfect again, but damn, I’d hate to junk a car out of a stupid mistake.

i am not sure if the fuel pump would take it. and be able to pass the fuel filter.