how not to change your oil.....

http://www.htownracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40915

ranks right up there with the NOS additive

:mamoru:

I don’t believe these anymore

Oof.

I used brake clean. I figured if it had brake fluid in it I should use that to get it out. I drained the oil, sprayed about 4 cans through it while turning the motor over at the crank bolt then drained it out and put more oil and about 2.5 quarts of lucas in it to thicken it up.

I did not change the filter because I thought it was new enough. Should I go back and change the filter? Do you think that is my problem?

yeah ok

wow, really, maybe read the label before you put something into your engine? just a thought. lol what an idiot!

i stopped after the “whoops, its break fluid that i put in…”

i mean really? could you not tell the difference as you were pouring it in???

And I would love to hear how you plan to clean the brake fluid out of the oil filter. Just replace the fucking thing. You just created a $2K engine repair, what’s another $8?

Might aswell put power steering fluid in there to steer the brake fluid and brake cleaner out of the engine.

<3

Sounds like something a bunch of people on here would do… even if they wouldn’t admit it.

this is now making its rounds to every forum, this is definitely fucking epic!

almost as bad as psphinx’s clutch job!! :rimshot:

lol

too soon?

:clap:

lol

we had a customer come in and complain that our remote start install made her engine blow. turns out the crazy broad put diesel in her car :picard:

i doubt its real… toooo dumb

Sadly, three cars from three different women came into Northtown Toyota when I worked there with this exact same issue. “Oh, I can’t use Deisel?”

I was shocked how often it happeened.

This story, however, I do NOT believe. Nobody is dumb enough to grab brake fluid and pour it into the engine. And then afterwards know enough about engines to be able to “turn it over manually” while spraying in Brake Cleaner.

:tdown: to retarded fake epic BS

I had a remote control gas car with the blue alcohol gas…had it on the same shelf as where my old man kept his windshield washer fluid…well he grabbed the wrong bottle and started filling the windshield washer tank of my moms car. After it was half full did he finally realized it didn’t smell like windshield washer fluid. But i will say both bottles did look the same and there were both blue.

When I had the diesel jetta I’d always get weird looks pumping at the diesel pump. I was SO tempted to say “Oh yeah, you could put diesel in any car. It gives you better gas mileage.”

when I was working at this one shop we had a bunch of people that put diesel in gas vehicles and vice-versa. One woman put diesel in her husband’s 2 week old top of the line loaded silverado. She made a call to the husband from the service desk & we could all distinctly hear (from ~25 feet away) the guy on the other end screaming at her calling her a fucking retard for destroying his truck. All the guys in the place were shitting our pants laughing

I don’t discount the LT1 story tho, there’s some awful stupid motherfuckers out there. I’m always meeting new ones

Have you guys ever been to a diesel pump? The nozzle itself is significantly larger than a gas pump nozzle… so that it doesn’t fit into the filler on the car. They must have really struggled to get the fuel to even get past the top of the filler tube. Unless they were doing it with fuel cans in the garage… but that isn’t likely because then they would know the difference between the 2 fuels.

This response applies to everyone who has experienced this.
I’ve certainly heard of people putting gas into a diesel vehicle, that is easy. But diesel into a gasser is very difficult.