People never cease to amaze me

If this guy did this, this is truly one of the dumbest things that I’ve ever heard.

A friend who does honda stuff told me i should clean my engine bay sometimes, that itll keep it looking nice. So i decided to tackle it this morning. I went out to autozone and got a jug of simple green degreaser put it in a spray bottle. He told me to get it on EVERYTHING to completely cover anything that might be dirty with it. So i did, i got all over the turbo, the block, sides of the engine bay and i even figured id clean the pistons off too so i pulled my spark plugs and sprayed it down into each cylinder, i figure if they got any carbon on them this should take care of it.

I left it for about 30 minutes to let it soak, break everything down. came back and got a pressure washer and hosed it all off. Once all the simple green was done i put the spark plugs back in and reconnected the wires and everything but now the car wont start. First time i tried it made this awful awful knocking noise now it wont even turn over. Could i have mest up the electronics with the water? he didn’t tell me to cover anything and he wont be back in town for a week. Any help is appreciated.

Link to SRTforums

:stupid:

im guessing its made up

been hearin that since i’ve been on car forums

ya prob made up. i think i have seen that once before also. thatd be funny if it did happen tho

Sounds like Sloshelby…

It sounded made up to me too, but I think that I know people this stupid…and there are certainly enough dumb kids on SRTforums for it to be possible.

:rofl: yeah but his would have a firehose and the jaws of life involved in it somewhere

someone this stupid wouldn’t certainly not be able open the hood let alone take the spark plugs out.

well…heres one for you…my aunt’s fiancee (Michael) was over a guys house & the guy was adding oil to a car & kept filling it up intil it got to the top???
micheal said he was like what are you doing that way too much & the guy said he was wondered why it was taking so much oil.

or type on the interweb

its pretty common for people to put coolant in the winshield fluid and vice versa.

i was in a parking lot behind my buddy’s house when some huge black guy in a metro rolled into it… car was smoking and bucking, white smoke… stops the car and there is just coolant pouring out of it…

my buddy and i offered to fill up his rad with water so he could leave and he insisted it was the oil… we kept telling him otherwise and showed him the coolant and he kept responding, " i think it’s the oyyee" i’m like, “dude, that’ scoolant… . it’s green” … he’sl ike “i think it’s the oyyee” … so we let him pour in some oil and start a drive a car with a bone dry radiator… :dunno:

a friend of mine, black guy, sold his caprice to another black guy. He asked why the oil was a milky color, my friend’s responce : “its that special racing oil”

" i think it’s the oyyee" i’m like, "dude, that scoolant

even funnier if you would have said it that way

my grandma’s husband put washer fluid in the radiator overflow tank in his Lesabre last week… lol

Like the kid on SRT’s forums that couldn’t get the oil drain plug loose so he decided to spin the filter off and run the car for a little until oil quit comming out. Insisted that he wasn’t about to let a stuck drain plug beat him.

wtf! what makes you think i would do that?

ya i remember readin that one, haha

not on the maintenence topic, but still stupidity…

I was pumping gas and a woman drives up & runs into the gas pump…the other side of the one i’m using…i was like WTF…
that might be one of the last things i would want to run into.

see if i was president and my ‘bureau of common sense’ saw that occur. license goodbye… and maybe exicution if she got lippy :beer: :dunno: