Diff Talk - LSD - What make?

Well. Yes, this has been covered. This general topic yes.

What I am wondering…is personal experiences with different makes.

Tomei
Kaaz
Nismo
Cusco

Best bang…for any buck really.

I am looking into putting more than likely a 1.5 over the winter months.
Would like to hear experienced people ONLY on this subject.

Who makes the best diff!?!

P.S;
I am not here to discuss why I am choosing a 1.5 over a 2. So shush.

Edit; I also forgot…I am researching, and seeing that you can only install an aftermarket carrier in an OPEN diff. Not an VLSD??? True?

I have a tomei 2way. Haven’t had a problem and i got it for around $1000. Mine is installed in a vlsd case…just had to order the one for it i think. Justin uses a kaaz right now and mine isn’t even HALF as loud and jerky as his…dunno how you feel about that kinda stuff

Currently running a Nismo 1.5way race type… works soo good… Locks hard when I want it to and is streetable

doesnt matter what you install it into… and R200 diff is a R200 diff… the only changes are in the input tail for length to fit the abs sensor in… other than that no biggie…I have a GTR 1.5 carrier w/ bearings installed into a s13 non abs case using s13 gearing and gtr output shafts to show you what I meen by them all being the same

just make sure you have it installed by a pro otherwise youll lose your bearings quik

Noise, is not an issue for me. At all. :wink: Noises make me grin…the good ones at least.

In an opinion…the Kaaz is better than the Tomei? Vice versa?

The nismo…is it not more of a “mild” upgrade over stock? I have heard (not through creditable sources) that these pots are “soft”???

I kinda figured all that about the R200. Just don’t get why anyone or any company states that. Either way…I can make it work.

I’ll be installing the pot at my shop into a diff I have had apart for a while. New bearings, races, seals, preload and backlash will all be set accordingly.

Nismo has 2 different class of diffs.

The street type which has only 3 clutches or something weaksauce like that, and there’s the top liner Nismo GT series.

This thing is the king of all diffs, it’s got 16 or 24 clutches, forgot and the GT PRO is actually 3way adjustable, so you can go soft, medium and hard within 20minutes.

IMO, just get kazz or tomei as it does the job. I just liked the Nismo cause it was baller and I got it for the same price as a tomei or kazz.