LSDs

hey guys, im looking to buy a limited slip differential right away here, but i dont know which one to go with. my options are:

-Tomei T-Trax
-Cusco RS
-KAAZ
-Nismo GT-Pro
-and the regular nismo LSD
all are 2 way

anybody have any experiences with any of these? ive read around on zilvia.net and that got me leaning more towards either the Nismo GT-Pro or maybe the Tomei, but its pretty expensive and will take a long time to get.

thanks

Have you considered trying to find a S15 Helical diff? I have heard good things about those and they can be had for $600-800.

I heard the tomei and nismo diff’s are exactly the same, made in the same factory by the same people to the same specs. And I heard they are not even close to being the best on the market but they cost so much that you would expect them to be. KAAZ is supposed to be good, do some research and you might get some good recomendations. I learned some about diffs and there manufacturers just searching on GOOGLE.

I’ve been looking around for myself for a little while now. What’s the difference between the S15 helical and say the KAAZ or Nismo 2-Ways?

B-Wurm :smiley:

I’ve been looking around for myself for a little while now. What’s the difference between the S15 helical and say the KAAZ or Nismo 2-Ways?

B-Wurm :D[/quote]

S15 is a helical
the others are a clutch type

^ Well, I kinda figured that part :stuck_out_tongue: But really what I wanna know is what’s the difference in performance? I know the clutch types lock up almost instantly but I want to know how the helical compares to the clutch type in terms of how quickly it locks and under what conditions (accel, decel) and how much better it performs than a viscous LSD.

there was a write up in d-sport and sport compact car explaining the differences.

Basicly
Helical= better everyday, quiet, but if one wheel is in the air the other will not turn. Zero resistance on a wheel mean sit is basicly an open diff. Never need rebuilding

Clutch= instant lock yup, better for drag racing and drifting, Need to be rebuild every so often.

Ah, gotcha. Looks like I’ll just have to start shopping for the cheapest price on a 2-Way I can find then. Gotta have the slippy-slippy on both wheels.

This may help. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=68056469&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Merci beaucoups, mon ami.

thanks flavio… since im still gonna be using my car for every day use, this might be the way to go. ill have to do more research still, though

thanks flavio… since im still gonna be using my car for every day use, this might be the way to go. ill have to do more research still, though[/quote]
If you get the S15 diff you could put in a 6-Speed tranny because you would have the location for the speed sensor in the diff aswell.

thanks flavio… since im still gonna be using my car for every day use, this might be the way to go. ill have to do more research still, though[/quote]
If you get the S15 diff you could put in a 6-Speed tranny because you would have the location for the speed sensor in the diff aswell.[/quote]

i could put in the 6 speed… but then i’d need an sr20 first :rolleyes:

any idea where i can find these diffs? tried ebay, only one for sale is like 700 bucks. for that price, i may ask well sacrifice comfort and go with a clutch type

personally a fan of all Cusco suspension

Cusco suspension is nice but we are talking driveline components here. :rolleyes:

here’s a break down for the people wondering.
Quaife, HLSD, S15 Diff

Clutch types, Cusco, Tomei

And finally Viscous (OEM Style)

Hope that helps.