Direct TV DVR Question

I just got DVR through direct tv and I thought you could dvr a tv show and watch a different show at the same time. Can you because everytime i have a show scheduled to be recorded and i’m watching a different show it tells me I have to go to that channel or it wont record. Also in the directions it shows that I can record 2 shows at once but when i try and do that it tells me there is a conflict and i need to cancel the one show or not record the other one. Hope you guys can help me out.

call customer service. mine did the same thing and they sent a signal to my box and and ran me through a couple small things and it worked fine after that. good luck understanding them though. i called 3 different time to try to get a voice i could understand. f’ing a-rabs.

wonderful

Reboot it, if that doesn’t work then there is a problem with one of the lines, which i assume there is two line in the back. Might want to check that out.

make sure there is two satellite feed lines going into the dvr. There are some shitty installers out there

Yeah, I’ve taken out some DTV DVR’s before that only had one sat line ran to it. I always ask the customer if they were able to watch one thing and record another. They always say no, as to be expected. It always left me scratching my head. I guess every company has its fair share of turds.

Speaking of turds, if any of you DTV(Halstead) guys know Dave Heim, tell him Bobby said whats up.

Yeah there are 2 lines installed. I was here when he installed the extra line.

Go to the DirecTV setup menu very you are getting good signal on both sat tuners from all satellites. I had this problem back when I had my R15-300 SD DVR with them and it turned out to be a bad cable run. With the newer DirecTV equipment a dual line is not always a necessity depending on what dvr you have you can use a SMW.

yeah, im one of the idiots who uses dvr on one line. i bought the receiver and never ran a 2nd line, but now that this thread has reminded me and i have the extra cable, im going to do it.

its the newest dvr. its the HD dvr but im not using the HD. (Dont have a hd tv yet) Hopefully getting one this weekend.

there we go. i just checked the tuner #2 and no signal what so ever. should i unplug it and plug the cable back in???

Is it the shiny black receiver? If so I have the same one and I also have the same problem…I do have HD and I cannot watch one show and record another while not viewing that particular channel so I guess I am going to call right now fuck that. I thought maybe because It was HD this is the way it works.

Good Luck tho, I will update shortly after my call to DTV if they were able to help me.

yeah. def let me know what i have to do maybe without calling them. lol. ill be on here until 130 prob.

lol alot of people are having this problem i guess because mine is doing the same thing. Two wires to the back of the box and still cannot record two things at once, or even one and watch a different channel. I guess we’ll just re-check the cable lines in the morning.

yeah i dont have hd, just the reg dvr receiver.

i dont know if it would work, but switch the cables to see if its something on the dish or if its the channel on the receiver.

now i remember what he did. I had a regular box there and i upgraded to the dvr. When he first hooked up everything after he ran a new line i wasnt getting any signal. Then he switched the lines in the back of the dvr box and then it worked. The new line he ran is probably a bad line. What a dick. I was his last stop also so thats why he probably didnt fix it. Now im going to have to wait another month prob for them to come out here.

we were supposed to have the HD DVR but direct tv fucked up and gave us the standard DVR. We also ordered the NHL and NFL packages and never got those either until we ended up calling customer service. Just got direct TV on Monday so it hasnt really been a good experience so far

theres some guys on here who work for directv. im sure if you request them, they can come out asap or whenever they want…ie- nyspeed hookup pwns.

pm somedude, he was the one i talked to.

Tour,somedude, or justin can probably help you

dont worry. once everything gets taken care of its really good.