Directv DVR recording question

I was recording a show and all of a sudden it changes to a news station. Like CNN or Fox. Its happened more than once and don’t know why. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

I just recorded 24 and now its just screwing up the whole image and some sound goes in and out. This time its not jumping stations now. Any ideas?

Did you call Direct TV?

Why would he do such a crazy thing!?! It’s far easier to ask the non experts on here and wait several days to possibly get the correct answer.

The DTV DVR’s are garbage… you may need a new one…

Actually every question about DTV gets answered pretty quickly on here and I haven’t called DTV because my buddy and I share the package and its in his name.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Thats what I figured. Thought I might be able to just restart it but it looks like ill just have to have him call and explain the problem.[COLOR=“Silver”]

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

I could venture a guess, but I only have first hand experience with Dish Network equipment. Did you check to make sure that their isn’t a timer locked in somewhere that has preference over what your trying to record?

I don’t think DTV uses UHF remotes. Dish Network does and sometimes if two neighbors are on the same remote address, they can inadvertently control each others receivers. That is a possibility although like I already stated, I don’t believe DTV typically uses radio controlled remotes.

Probably a bad receiver like Viper wrote.

PM Justin or somedude. They are the DTV techs on here. Not sure how often they are on though.