directions to airport.

my wife has to go pick my brother up tommorow at pittsbugh airport. i need the best idiot proof directions from you guys. and if there will be constuction she will encounter that will cause a detour… she will be getting on parkway at monroeville.

Well I can’t tell you how to get there cause I am not from here, but we just came thru on monday back from myrtle beach and there were no construction detours or anything between Monroeville and the airport…I do know you go up greentree hill, after that I am lost :ugh:

i could give you the best idiot proof directions…but i know they are closing parts of the parkway, so im not sure they would be the best.

I didn’t know that, probably updates on penndot website?

Dont know if this helps but there is a phone number:

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Workzone_map/2005map.html

that’s what i need to know, what closed or will be closed

Parkway West Closures In Effect This Weekend
Check Traffic Conditions Online

POSTED: 12:22 pm EDT September 8, 2005
UPDATED: 2:02 pm EDT September 8, 2005

PITTSBURGH – A warning was issued by Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Thursday morning to avoid the Parkway West outbound this weekend at all costs.

Crews will be closing the outbound lanes in the area of Campbell’s Run from 10 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday while resurfacing continues between the Campbell’s Run and Route 22/30 interchanges.

Check Traffic Conditions

However, this time one lane of Campbell’s Run will be open to help alleviate the backlog of traffic.

The detour to the Pittsburgh International Airport will take you to Interstate 79 north to Route 65, through Sewickley and into Moon Township.

The State Police and local police will assist in traffic control.

DETOURS:
Parkway West Traffic to Airport/Business on Route 60 in Robinson Twp.:

Exit at Campbell’s Run Road ( Campbell’s Run will temporarily re-open to a single lane to accommodate this detour)

Left on Business Route 60 North (Steubenville Pike) toward the airport

Right on Route 60 North to the airport

Interstate 79 North and South to Airport:

Stay on to I-79

Exit at Emsworth / Sewickley Route 65 North

Left to Sewickly Bridge

Right to Route 51 North

Left to University Drive (Old Beerschool Road)

Left to Business Route 60

Follow ramp to 60 North to Airport

Interstate 79 North and South to Business on Route 60 in Robinson Twp.:

Stay on I-79 to Crafton Exit

Exit on Route 60 North (Crafton), and follow Steubenville Pike (Route 60 North) for approximately 4 miles

http://www.wpxi.com/traffic/4948893/detail.html

i’m sure that there’s alot of signs to get there, but i need to know that she’s gonna get there.

maybe i’m miss-reading but if your wife can take 30W from latrobe through greensburg, irwin, north huntington, north versailles, forest hills and onto 376W(towards town) just before wilkensburg she’ll be fine. then continue through town towards the ft pitt bridge/tunnels. about eight or so miles up the road is the 22/30 and 79N&S split. she needs to follow 22/30 until she sees and detours for 60 towards the airport. 60 will take her through robinson town center and straight to the airport.
hope that helps at least a little bit.

i think thats what part is closed though. Shes gonna have to get off 22/30 and take 79 North towards Erie, then get off onto 65 Ohio River Blvd towards Sewickley. I dont know from there. Looks like Jinxxy got the best info youll find. If its not closed and she can take 22/30 all the way out, the hardest part is getting through the outside of the city…and thats easy too. Its marked everywhere.

Interstate 79 North and South to Business on Route 60 in Robinson Twp.:

Stay on I-79 to Crafton Exit

Exit on Route 60 North (Crafton), and follow Steubenville Pike (Route 60 North) for approximately 4 miles

that sounds like the easiest route.

but then she’s screwed coming back probably. if she has the slightest problem i’ll here about it forever.i’m just gonna tell my brother get someone else, cause i ain’t missing aday of racing to go pick him up.

Oh no, another clusterflop weekend.

Not only do you need to avoid the Parkway but you need to avoid ANY alternate route, officially posted or not. I got caught in detour traffic a few weekends ago and it was really annoying.

he’s gonna try to get someone else. :x: i told him not to mention construction to who ever he finds. :naughty:

Its easier goin past my house as previously stated

your all screwed, leave like an hour an a half earlier to detour… those roads are never going to handle the extra traffic! lol

more like 2 to 3 hours. when they did this a few weeks ago, this guy that works for my company at robinson mall was 3.5 hours late for work bc of the traffic. its a mess.

i wouldn’t reccommend taking ohio river blvd as part of that detour… i can get to the airport taking backroads quicker than i can get to the airport by taking the parkway :burnout:

what time I could meet part way with the brother. I know other ways but too difficult to explain.

i would have just turned around