Dish Network users: Q's.

Hey Just a couple questions with The dish Network people. Is it worth the money and is it crappy like i hear? It is a pretty good deal. Best of all they have OLN so i can watch hockey. Do they offer Center Ice package? I have a $25 off gift card thing and its 3 free months plus a $25 off the first bill! its tempting, i used to have DirecTV and like it so… Also the DishNet DVR any good?

Not crappy at all. I have it and I also install for Dish everyday.

DVR of any kind rocks! Whether it be Adelphia, Direct or Dish. Its worth every penny. If you still have Direct, they should have a contract with MSG within a week or so.

Dish Network does offer the Center Ice package. I think its $150 for the whole season. Dish Network also has the NFL Network. Which Adelphia claimed “you can’t get that with the dish!”

MSG contract is done. I didn’t have it appearing before, but I watched MSG this morning.

Picture-wise, it pounds the living shit out of my girlfriend’s directv. Menu is better done too.

NHL center ice is available too. $129 I think before October 31st or something like that.

HTe only thing that sucks is there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of HD available thru the dish right now.

In the brochure i have here it says HD is available in some select channels called the " HD pak"it includes: ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, HDnet, HDnetMovies, HBOHD ,SHOtimeHD.

Yeah, and that list is fairly limited. But I suppose in due time more will be added.

check your other thread. I posted there.

the only thing i dislike about dish network is that you can’t get the nfl sunday ticket…other than that, its great

you’re right on the money with that…If you want the football package go with direct, for anything else, dish network alllllllll the way.

I’ve had cable, Direct TV and Dish Network. Dish Network is by far the best. Only thing I dont like is when I record on the DVR I cant change the channel. Only thing I liked about cable, I was able to record and watch somthing else at the same time, even record 2 things at once.

lol dish sucks balls guys, it was good for hacking, but thats about it.

TIVO with dual tuners>

fuck that dish network pvr crapola.

Ive had them both for years now, and the pic on my TV at least blows dish network away
ohh and HD on dish is nothing compared to HD on dtv!!!

I assume your talking about cable? I am done with cable the prices are going through the roof its insane!

Dish Network also bought VOOM so they have the VOOM Package that is all HD too. I couldn’t tell you what it includes though… The HD receivers Dish Network has now suck. They have one that is HD and a DVR but its still in the testing stages and if you want it you have to buy it for like $600. Next year they are coming out with all new receivers so, expect the HD to be really good then.

I personally went a dual tuner DVR receiver which allows me to record one thing and to watch something else. (Usually we wire these systems to two TVs, enabling you to DVR on both, but I only have one TV so I have both tuners wired to my one TV.)

Thats how I get around the watching while recording thing.