dish network, vs direct tv...

well, adelphia now wants me to pay full price for the stuff i have…

i’m dissapointed in their HD too…

so, whats better/why… dish network or direct TV?
I may end up keeping adelphia strictly for high speed… but even thats uncertain :slight_smile:

any opinions, suggestions are welcome.

rents have had dish network for a while now (7-8 years probably now) and have nothing bad to say about it.

went out a small handful of times since they got it… most of the time being only for a few mins or so. No experiance with HD though.

A friends father has had direct TV for a while now aswell and he had nothing bad to say about it either (he also had a cheater card). No HD though.

I’m somewhat curious about this aswell… I dont want adelphia if/when I go HD

Direct TV

if you plan on ever getting nfl sunday ticket, dish network doesnt have it available. direct tv does

only reason to get Direct TV is for the NFL ticket.

dish sucks compared to directv IMO, ive had both and will never go back to dish, especially since they dont carry YES.

direct tv>* dish network blows

lame… I just called the people in charge (landlords) and they told me I could have a dish long as it was mounted on a balcony…

bah

(I live in the “garden” apartment)

Talk to the people above you. See if you can mount it to their balcony or if the landlord allows it, have the sat company put the dish on a pole.

As far as which is better, I’d say its a toss up. Similar technology. Direct has NFL Sunday Ticket, but Dish has more HD channels (although half of them are garbage.)

They both offer similar deals with similar equipment at similar pricing.

From what I’ve heard, Dish has faster service in regards to getting techs out if equipment is malfunctioning. Tech support is a toss up too. It all depends on the CSR. Some are just jackasses.

direct TV is better i have installed both and owned both. but direct TV was better when they used the hughs recievers. get direct tv and tivo. you will never watch live TV again.