divided and undivided turbine housings.....

ok, i’ve asked around a bunch about this already, and haven’t really got anymore. take this example:

i buy turbo with undivided housing. manifold is made for turbo. i change my mind and buy a different turbo, which is a divided housing.

will a divided housing turbo work on a NONdivided manifold? i’ve been told it won’t matter at all, and i’ve been told it is completely necessary to match them. sooooo yea i’m still confused.

another thing to keep in mind… a rotary only has 2 runners, so having a non divided manifold, is it gonna alter things THAT much anyways?

discuss

do you mean you have a manifold/turbine housing that is a one-piece design? and you want to change to a different compressor? or that the manifold is designed for a specific outlet flange that is uncommon and you want to bolt a totally different turbo to it??

one piece on the manifold, not split down the middle. new turbo WOULD be split down the middle. but the flanges are both t4 flanges so bolting up is not an issue

so the manifold is staying, just the turbo is the swap idea from a turbo that the compressor and turbine housings are one peice in the same VS. one that the turbine and compressor both bolt to the center section???

This makes sense and is what I would have guessed. Who claims it is absolutely necessary to run a matched setup?

top- split
bottom - single

http://www.revhard.com/flanges/t4flange-t.jpg

turblo n00bs

thanks for the photo kevin, i didn’t think it was rocket science either :wink:

and thanks for that lil blurb up there catalyst, it confirms my theory :tup: