DIY Ceramic Coating?

I want to clean up my exhaust manifold and turbo hot side before I install it. Anyone know of a rattle can ceramic coating/paint that will last for a while?

nope

next?

Vht flame shit and bake it in the oven comes out decent

this.

I used it on my VRT. I don’t know how well it cuts heat, but it keeps it looking nice.

what they said. I have an oven in the basement to do these. VHT flame proof, 2000F protection. comes out great and lasts a while.

I sand blast them first to make sure there isnt any rust underneath and then paint it.

its a process. clean, spray, bake at 250 for 30, let cool. Bake at 350 for 30 let cool. Bake at 450 let cool. done. if you dont bake it right it wont be very chemical resistant.

I did my atp logger, a downpipe, yetties manifold, turbo hot side on my car, some headers, some other manifolds, and a bunch more stuff for people. so far so good.

DO NOT BAKE THEM IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD OVEN!!! If you want me to bake them, pm me.

yo i want to do vht on the hot side of my turbs. make it happen.

What about a high heat powdercoat???

Fuck ceramic coatings, I coat my shit with hafnium-tantalum, good for 4000F

What temps are they good until? Doesn’t it have to get baked on real hot? Need it to be good to 2000+ to make sure it stays

I think the High Temp PC is only good to 1000 and I’m not sure what the requirements are for baking.

I’ve used Caswell Plating products in the past. OK at best. Definitely not a plasma-based application ceramic coating that’s for sure.

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/techline/

The VHT burn on trick is well worth the $9 a can it costs. Keeps rust at bay for awhile.

Id love to get my headers coated. They wont fit in the over though.

Strong Jellies

Giggidddyyyy.

But really, the kooks are like 3 feet long lol.