DIY: How to Debadge.

TAKE OFF THE CHROME NISSAN BADGE!!! Nothing else on the car is chrome and the trunk would look 10x cleaner, and black out the taillights…

heat gun turns your hour labor rate into 1 tenth

I’m actually considering doing this tonight but I’m not sure how it’ll look yet.

I debadge every car I have. I think they look better without most of the time. Not to mention the lettering on my Talon was pink. Pink on purple had to go. (Original owner was female.)

Oh and props goes to Geoff on the windex thing. He was the one that told me of its wonderous powers of removing glue.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/euroboy66/shaved.jpg

needs a bit more love, some sun, and a better camera but you get the idea

love the tails on that VW man.

good thing i’m not being charged by the dealer using my method. :ohnoes: lol

ha, for real. it’s a sentra badge. not going for the Academy Award for Best Mod here.

now that you mention it i’m starting to think about it more. maybe it’ll be a next weekend project. anyone? opinions? oh, and i like the tails the way they are. red contrasts well with the blue.

^^haha weekend project? It should only take 10 min. It was so hot the day i bought my car that I took off the badges in the parking lot upon delivery of my car…

i ain’t too much of a VW fan, but if i had to get one, a GTI would be my first choice, especially your body style. new ones are nice but the styling is too edgy for my taste.

i work weekends dude, by the time i get home it’s already cold out because the sun’s low. summertime will obviously be easier, in the meantime i guess we all have to endure this awkward sunny/freezing/windy weather.

I’m with you on that 100% yes, even the not being a VW fan LOL.

I LOVE the spec v’s…trade? :stuck_out_tongue:

you drive mine, i drive yours? think it’d be an even run anyways? maybe…maybe not. i don’t know what you have on yours. :ohnoes:

i agree

…uh, is it against your religion to do it during the week?

not at all, but engineering isn’t a walk in the park, and i like to stick to my schoolwork during the week. no big deal.

also, DONT SCRAPE!!!

use floss or fishing line, etc…

you can drive each others…

but a race

GTI >(BUS) specV

So if I tell you about a great way to drive from Buffalo to Rochester by going to Jamestown, across to Binghamton, up to Syracuse then over to Rochester is that cool too?

:tup: to the result.
:tup: to sharing.
:tdown: to DIY’s that do stuff the hard way.

i was just saying that is how he did it and its his wright up. if people have suggestions… leave suggestions. dont beat him up cuz he didnt use a heat gun when it works with out it. it is the harder way but leave a suggestion, dont bitch.

i’m not looking to start online fist fights here. i didn’t use a heat gun, and yes, it was harder my way. if i had wanted the path of least resistance, then yes, of course, a heat gun would be a much, much better idea. my original idea was to go wash the car somewhere, and i had the random idea of wanting to strip it off. i stopped and picked up floss and such. no big deal.