diy paint boths (Barrie area perferred but would be willing to drive)

I’m looking for a DIY paint both in the next couple months. I have all my own equipment, but my girls dad sold his place so I lost the shop and air compressor axis. I have some paint work to do on the 240 and my 4runner so I would like to rent a shop for a saturday or sunday and get it all done at once.

Spend like 150 bucks at lowes or home depot and build one yourself. Multiple videos on youtube how to do it.

I don’t really have the space either I can barely fit my car in my garage. Plus I do not have a compressor which is the most costly part. I have considered renting one but I would rather spend that money on renting a proper both.

You can get a decent one for painting from princess auto for around 80 bucks.

^ Good luck painting rite now unless your shop is always at least room temperature paint will not cure if its -20 and it needs to stay warm for a few days. You could always call a few body shops and ask if they will rent the booth out on a weekend its always better to have the car baked the paint will cure faster.

My plan was a in couple months when it’s warmer. My gun will also not run on a 80 pricess auto comp. I never considered calling a body shop but I guess there is no harm in asking.

Mine does. it’s a 1.6 gallon compressor. >.> Painted my buddy’s mazda 3 with it.

cool man. But OP’s doesn’t. You know there’s more than one model of paint gun right? …

Hence I said just go to Princess Auto, they have like 4 different paint guns and I got the cheapest one, and they only sell one 1.6 gallon compressor. I know my setup works, if it works I’m gonna recommend it to other people. Yeah there’s different kinds of guns, but in they end they all work and do the same thing.

Children you don’t take advice from idiots like worditzdoley, Sure your 1.6 gal will “work” but it will do an awful job… BTW don’t just look at the tank size you want to look at the CFM rating on it, a typical HLVP gun requires 7.6 cfm at 40psi, your shitty 1.6gal compressor can’t even provide 1/4 of that

^ I didn’t even bother posting