DMCC Amateur Questions

I have a few questions about the amateur section of dmcc on the 18th sept. Mosport. What is going with it? I heard we need fire suits and cages. Is this for sure, are changes being made this year. And who am I suppose to contact to get into it this year, assuming we don’t need these extras.

I am very sure to run in the pro am this year,you need a cage. i think this has changed becasue a lot more Quebec drivers in pro am have cages now.

I believe Lucas180 is correct. This is what I have been informed of.
(If anyone needs a cage PM me, as I am back now, lol)

i havent ever heard if there IS an amatuer… it’s always been tough to put it together

the pro am series is cages, fire suits, seats, etc etc

same rules as the dmcc pro rule book… pretty stupid but whatever

Damn it! They are making it hard for daily drivers to enter drift events.

that’s the point.

it would do no good for DMCC if the pro-am looked like CSCS… no offense, but other than S1DC and Fiddy there are not a lot of guys who look sharp out there.

it makes alot of people step up their game… time to get real jobs people 10 per hour cant cut it anymore, or get rich parents :slight_smile:

Its good for the pro-am to be like that…just look at some of the usa events. Most of the proam events have really good drivers and baller cars. Thats why its called proam and not just AM. :stuck_out_tongue:

Although, just because I can afford a roll cage and a fire suit/ helmet, it doesn’t necessarily mean my car is to par, nor does it mean that if I have a lot of money does it mean I am good driver.

Thats just the way it is, i dont agree with some of it. But it forces people to step up their game…you have to pay to play.

This

And This

I take offense to that Bing. There are a hand full of guys whos game is on par… =)

Yea that was rather cruel.

Havent seen bing enter the drift comp…

Shots fired!

yeah it dose suck that u need a cage now and suit this is why i took my 180sx off the road for good now and am working on the welded cage install soon because my cusco bolt in cage wont even cut it… right cause there not safe enuf… ive seen some bad flips with bolt ins and they held up… anyways, i have a brdie seat for a harness and i have a helmet and drivers shoes. a suit is under 150 so w/e the big thing is the trailer for me i have a 2006 xterra that can pull one i just need to come up with around 4g for the cage suit and trailer so i can get out for pro am next year.
Some of you might have saw my 180sx out in mosport this year at cscs i didnt have a good showing qual 11th and got spun first run, but it was my first time around that track and in a comp for that matter i just been midnighting it up for five years but im done with illegal dangours BS now. Time for Pro AM. I just need more tandom practice. And money lol
My car is green with datsun z front conversion.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

post is a bit old but relevent sorry about that reserection lol.

LOLLL

I see what you did there…

:slight_smile: I was entering drift comps since before most of you guys owned your cars or heard of SR20’s :slight_smile:

I havent entered one since i crashed at CSCS and even that was the only one i have entered in the last 5 years.

I competed in the first DMCC event and lost to Haig Kanadjain in the second round after making the top 16. That was in 2005…lol

birdie seat!
LOLjk