Whos meeting driftmania specs and dm-ing this year ?

Hey guys the driftmania specs have been released http://www.driftlords.com/DMregulations2006.pdf and im wondering whos going to be meeting all those standards and participating in driftmania this year ? what do you guys think of the specs ?

:run:

whats drifting?

can u post up the jist of it?

no time to read.

theres diagrams and such, blueprints and dimensions, theres no such thing as jist for that file, its a many-page monster declaration of independence kinda stuff going on

its quite a quick read if you’re skimming… i covered the “jist” of it in about 10 minutes.

Jump to section IV for car requirements…

it’s basically all of the obvious… no leaks, etc.

car has to have a proper paint job, no primered cars.

must have proper 6pt or better roll cage

probably a few other key points that i’ve missed but… just read it

that seems odd to me…can anyone explain that?

maybe it explains it in the write-up…

it doesnt explain it but they hint that it has something to do with the press.

I’m sure the media puts some sort of pressure on them to have a nice presentation so it looks better in the mags, etc.

their roll cage requirements are pretty damn weak… the 6pt in my hatch has a 1.75’’ x .120’’ main hoop with 1.50’’ x .120’’ everywhere else

Under 1500 lbs = 1.375x.095
1500-2500 lbs = 1.500x.095
Over 2500 lbs = 1.500x.120

VS Targa…

Under 1500 lbs = 1.50 x .120
1500-2000 lbs = 1.75 x .120
Over 2000 lbs =2.25 x .120

Also from their outline in the Roll Cage section… a Cusco Cage would not pass their requirements

It’s just SCCA rules borrowed from Formula D

Way to ensure like 3 people will come out to compete.

Way to kill DM1.

The no-primered cars thing is just in case someone other than french CBC shows up.

Werd

lol, somehow, i have a feeling alot of people are going to reach for those standards

each will need around the $800-$1000.00 area for a proper Roll Cage alone… so I hope those who do try to reach those standards and actually go out for the events can actually drive and not just throwing money away to say “they were there”

no… It’s to insure that they meet their basic insurance requirments and that they look professional by demandeing that POS cars BE professional looking at very least… ignorant post of the week… =D> =D>

this is only for competition… but i dont feel like driving to montreal anyway.

im not gona do it any time soon. I dont really like competition anyway.

its good to just have fun and friendly drift practice, but competition is also fun, its great to chase professionals and get better by competing with them and reach for the top, i think the rollcage thing is ok, its just theres alot of other ridiculous stuff in there that kind of puts people in a situation where they think theres so much safety, that its okay to drive like nutcases and crash and flip over and burn cause hey we got fireproof socks, rollcages, and driftmania decals on our cars, hey thats gonna save us, and ruin it for someone not sponsored drifting theyr daily driver car, i think if all those things werent mandatory people would put more effort into their drifting, and if you ‘planning’ to crash, i dont think you should be drifting with others

no offence to anyone

its just theres alot of other ridiculous stuff in there that kind of puts people in a situation where they think theres so much safety, that its okay to drive like nutcases and crash and flip over and burn cause hey we got fireproof socks, rollcages

wait, is there such a thing as too much saftey?? Finding it hard to come up with a ‘too much saftey’ scenario, when it domes to car(s) racing on a track…

No one plans to crash.

everyone has to plan to crash, because if you dont crash your not trying hard enough!!

in competition ametures push too hard and crash their cars

its disgusting people need to drive within their limits

hahaha ^^

I’ll compete next year :twisted:

Thats true to a degree…

Like I use to race Pro MX and helped teach summer camps for younger people wanting to learn how to ride. And you could tell which kids wanted to learn and improve and which kids didnt (cause if they were falling over… they were trying) others who werent falling over were scared of falling over so they wouldnt try… LOL