DMV Question?

Alright so if i get in an accident that totals my vehicle do I have to send in that Report of Accident to DMV. I know I am supposed to but i’m curious what happens if I never do.

My bike was totaled because it isn’t worth shit but i was able to make it road legal for under 500. If I send in the form will i be given a salvage title?

Paging Shift DMV employees:lol

ive never sent anything to dmv, nothing has ever happened. and i’ve kept clean titles.

Same here. I had no problem reregistering it after being totaled by a insurance company. Used the same original title.

and you never sent the form in? my insurance company mailed it to me and it said that NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law requires requires the form within ten days if: There is damage to any one persons vehicle or property over 1000 or if anyone involved is injured or dead.:eek3

They totaled my truck out after being rear ended. I never got any papers from my insurance. I did sign papers for it though from the other persons insurance comp when they let me buy it back. But I sold the truck to my buddy and he never had any issues registering it.