How to salvage a car??

do i need to fill out the MV-103 from dmv or do i need something else??

If someone can let me know that would be great…

What are you trying to do? need more info

Say, if I am going to sell it for scrap…

Pretty sure that’s the same situation as the OP, but I’ll let him speak for himself.

Do you have the ownership for said vehicle? is it being sold to a scrap yard?

I have a title in my name, no issues. I don’t know yet where it’s going. Some sketchy type guys on craigslist said they’d pick it up, but I won’t do that unless I can handle the legalities of the title myself.

i was in a MVA 09-17-07 and the car is a total loss ins. company is giveing me money for the car
i have the car, im keeping it… i was told by ins company i need to salvage the title in order to keep the car

Its just as if you are selling it to a private owner. have them sign title and sign a receipt. I would also suggest you look at their driv. license and write down the ID number.(this is for the scrap yard/itinerant vehicle collector)

call (518)474-0955 thats the salvage appt. dept in albany they will walk you through it.Make sure you first sign the title over to the ins. co. and have them issue you a 907A form for the ownership

more info
http://www.nysdmv.com/salvexam.htm

this is where i was :gotme:

That site is not afiliated (and has nothing to do)with New York State. I would get the info from the horses mouth not second hand.

[quote=“Pauly,post:11,topic:35986"”]

That site is not afiliated (and has nothing to do)with New York State. I would get the info from the horses mouth not second hand.

[/quote]

thanks for all the help