DMV question

ok it says on the dmv website that you have a maximum of 10 days to change your address after moving. well its been 10 days and just wondering what will happen when i go to the DMV to change it friday. i just havent had time to do it until friday

you’ll be fine.

you can mail it in if you want

nothing will happen because they don’t know you moved.
Even if they did they do nothing.
If you get pulled over and the cop wants to be a dick he can give you a ticked for failing to change your address. Most cops wont do this and if they do the person is a few months late and not a few days.

They are going to arrest you and put you in jail for 3 years.

I heard they castrate you.

It took me over 2 years to finally change my address after I moved. I was lazy.

a LOT of people don’t change their address.
or at least that’s the way it seemed to me when I used to work at wallyworld.

and I would compare their license address to the address on checks they would write… and it would be totally different… they would just tell me they moved and didn’t change it.
would happen a few times a day at least. (and that was working in photo, so it’s not like i saw a huge amount of checks from cashing people out, just very frequent)

I haven’t lived at home since 2002, yet my license still says my dad’s lakeview address. :stuck_out_tongue:

how will they even know the exact day you move… relax OP.

It will be fine.

Big Brother knows everything.

They already know
Infact they know that you just posted this question on nyspeed
and now they have evidence, besides the video of you moving

You’re fucked.

I heard from my brother’s girlfriend’s brother that they beheaded his friend’s dog over a similar problem once…

i had my license renewed 4 days after it expire, no problems so I doubt they will give you a hard time about a address change.

Haha…

When I moved into my house the DMV was the last one to find out because my Registrations where still good and I just wrote my new address on my liscense. Technically you are supposed to let the county now as well.

I moved in my house in MAY but filled out a “single ballot” or whatever to let the county know I moved when I voted in the primaries almost 6 months later. No bigge, just get it done when you can.

Nothing will happen. I went to the DMV in Calinfornia and they didn’t even look to see when I had moved.Its been over 2 years since I moved to California.