Joke of a speeding ticket

driving to Barre mass. to pick up a tranny for my 94 winter beater prelude for $50. 141 miles took over two and a half hours to get there. I take a left onto the road that the sellers house was on, and a cop had a guy pulled over in the opposite lane. I drive by him going slow because my valentine was goin off so i knew he had my speed. So he pulls a U after the other guy leaves, and pulls me over - i was 279 yards from her house (according to my tomtom) i could see it!!!. Officer says he pulled me over for going 35 in a 25. I said the speed limit is 40 i just pased the sign. he says nope its 25 its posted. I was polite to the officer because being a dick isnt going to get you anywhere in the end. I told him i had no idea where i was and that i was just seconds from my destination and that i felt i was going a safe speed for the given area. Soooooo after sitting there for 20 min he gives me a ticket. WTF!!!

I drive about 1/4 mile and pull into the ladys house, get the tranny and im on my way home. But i decided to see exactly where this said sign is posted

IT ISNT!

I had turned left onto the road, and nowhere between the begining of the road and the 40mph sign does it say 25mph, but going the opposite direction on the road it does say 25, so how am i supposed to know it is a 25mph zone???

So i said thats it… im fucking heated, so i use the tomtom to find the police station…I had a nice long talk with another officer at the station, and he was 100% on my side. I told him i was in school and had finals and work full time blah blah and had no time to deal with such a bullshit ticket. The fact that it was for going 10 over like come onnn. ON TOP of that its not even posted!!!. He was like where are you from? i said Albany NY, hes goes “oh wow yea thats a bit much” He said there is legally nothing he could do, once it written its done for and you have to deal with it in court, otherwise he would help me out. He tried to call the officer that wrote the ticket to come back and talk with me but the officer wouldn’t come back for w/e reason (pussy)

So i can either plea guilty and pay the $100 and their sercharge or plea not guilty, drive back and prove my case

im fucking driving back so i can let the dickhead officer have it and prove my case that hes an asshole. :nana

how much does it cost in gas+ time to drive there. might be better to just pay it, even though you might feel accomplished, its not going to go on your license

cost me $20 in gas i left at 530 got there around 745 8. basically just drive down 90E for 100 miles, then a bunch of back roads and shit. So the points wont go on my license because its out of state?

The DMV website says (http://www.nysdmv.com/dmvfaqs.htm#tickets):

If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.

that sucks bro

fuckin ignore it.

dont ignore it!!! if you do, at some point it will catch up with you…you can either A. send it in not guilty no supporting dep, b. same but with a dep(he may not do it and you get off, or he does it and then you still have to go there) or c. pay the fine and be over…

http://smiliesftw.com/x/Polned.gif

like i said, is it worth the time and gas to go out there and risk STILL paying for it? id just mail it in guilty, get the price and pay it… like the link above, the ticket will NOT affect your license or insurance. ive got 7 speeding tickets in Washington, none of which made it to my license, NY doesnt care about out of state tickets, unless you fail to appear, or fail to pay, then they will take action.

awesome.

:mwahaha

That sucks Brian

:rofl

good luck w/ the ticket man. i got pulled over for the most bs reason before thanksgiving and got 3 tickets :headbang

lesson learned, dont ride dirty.

Dude I got pulled over in Jersey about 30 seconds from the Pennsylvania border and the cop wrote me for 85in a 55 even though it was a 65 mph zone. I paid the bull shit fine and the ticket isn’t even on my record

i didn’t know out of state violations didn’t make it to my record, fuck i’m gonna speed my ass of going south from now on

I always do…probably why every road trip we take people want me to drive

no way am i paying that fine because if i do that means that dickhead cop wins and that is not happening. I am gona read all their fucking laws and print out every peice of evidence possible to prove my case. I am going with $100 worth of un-wrapped pennies and what ever my fine is they are getting fucking pennies. My friend is coming with me ill have it on video tape

thats childish. its the cops word against yours. if he doesnt give a supporting deposition, he basically gives up, but if he does, youll end up paying the fine, and have to drive out there too.

Id send them pennies. nothing wrong with that, money is money. Just dont blow it off and do nothing about it…