NY about to pass strictest speeding laws in nation

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/197801/37/Cuomo-Proposes-Putting-Brakes-On-Breaks-For-Speeders

Cliffs:

• can not plead down if over 20 mph
  • must pay an additional $80 to state for tickets plead down
  • proposed “sports car” ban
  • must register cars with state
  • can not fill gas tank over 7 gallons of gas
  • mentally ill and old and senile still allowed to drive ? wtf?

I used to think Patterson was an asshole. Looking better now.

Lol

NY fucks everyone not just gun owners

Instead of “Welcome to New York” at the borders it should say “Welcome, you’ll be leaving soon…and you’ll be happy to do it”.

Thought this was a joke
Opened link
Urge to kill rising, rising

More info?

It was a joke

I sure hope that does not go into affect too soon. I got pulled for 50 in a 25 school zone on grand island yesterday. That ticket is going to suck even more if I can’t plea it down.

This is what I take from the article…

New York is in financial trouble because of the way it is run BUT… “Cuomo has also proposed extending a $420 million-a-year tax credit for film productions until 2020”

They will probably claim its an “emergency” and skip the debate period to get it rushed :slight_smile:

In a school zone? You are screwed either way.

Wait till NY increases restrictions on modding cars like CA :tup: and increasing emissions testing :tup:

It’s going to be funny when towns start losing money.

What is to stop cops from giving parking tickets (seat belt, or some other lesser charge) when you get pulled over rather than reducing it at court?

Because you could hire a lawyer and fuck this up?

However most people wouldn’t complain I assume that when towns start losing money they might do this?

20+ over is usually a large fine etc

I get a lawyer for most speeding tickets gets me out of going to court also.

Just tell them you thought you where going to get shot so you wanted to get out of the school zone as quickly as possible?

As before, anything “fun” or “recreational” will be taxed or legislated out of exuberance. The only thing you will be able to do are things that generate revenue for local, state, and federal governments. Logical thought, common sense, rights, privacy, and free thought will be outlawed in lieu of “safety” and the ultimate goal of creating worker sheep for the benefit of the public.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of 19 over tickets given if this happens. The only difference is you’ll get boned with yet another state surcharge. Didn’t they try to do this before and nothing changed? Fuck this state and the people who run it.

I set the cruise control to 5 mph over and leave it there, yawn

Ok this mother fucker needs to go!! “If you do not speed you have nothing to worry about”. Fuck you! I hate it when people say shit like that. EEVVRRYYY body speeds. Not saying its ok but still. For the most part I do 5mph over the limit 95% of the time. In the last 8 years ive probably had 2 speeding tickets. The last one I had I was being stupid. Cool no problem. The one before that I got after passing an 18 wheeler that was doing 5mph under the speed limit with another 18 wheeler next to it doing the same. I was stuck behind them for 1 and a half hrs so were dozzens of other cars behind me. Had to piss like a race horse and didnt want to miss the rest stop. Finally saw a brake a nd took it. Passed them and a lovely state trooper lady hit me with a 25mph over charge. Thanks maam! So now a simmilar charge would ass rape my wallet just because some assholes down state cant manage a budget? Lovely. Not to sound like the typical NY asshat but im thinking its time to move.